Page 22 of 137 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate's On Line Journal

Gosh Kate, returning to the site takes tremendous courage. It's as if you are spitting in the face of evil and celebrating the beauty of love and kindness all at once.

SciMom, how did you travel this same road day after day?

Krajaxa, I bought a dining room table at a garage sale 23 years ago...it was temporary and it's still here. Good luck and have fun shopping. I always thought those books should have been called shopping is good for the soul, not chicken soup.

Martha, I asked my husband how he would like it if I also used the family room as a bathroom. Today was "accident" day, guess who was on cleanup duty? Three loads of laundry, washed twice each. Always makes me grumpy. Well, thanks for listening everyone, I must get back to work. Night all.

Ladies , i have a more radical suggestion , send hubby out to stay with me for a while , it would be a pretty crooked real estate agent [ no shot intended at you] , that would describe my house as fully accessable , if you have an ''accident '' it is either clean it up yourself or live with it and if you want to eat , it's ''catch and kill your own '' . i am envious of the lucky spoilt husbands of you ladies .

thank you
    dogger

P.S. i think within 2 days you would be getting a HELP call , especially when the ''work for your board '' clause kicked in .

every day i wake up is a good one .

Hey Dogger, how about we leave them all home and all of us come stay with you instead?

Martha , for me , thoughts like that are the stuff dreams are made of !

thank you
    dogger

Great idea about the 'steps program', guys, and I've started a new topic for it:

http://carecure.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10615

Dogger, remember dreams can turn into nightmares. By the time the whole group got there, we'd no doubt have you preferring to live with the sheep. Although I have to say, being isolated on 20,000 acres sounds good after suburbia and freeways and traffic. While don't you open a DA training ranch where we can send them and you can educate them in the ways of the DA world. I think that would be a marvelous idea and I might even promise to send him with a roundtrip ticket. Maybe.

LOL, Martha - for a minute I thought you meant a ranch to train DA!

Dogger, do you use dogs to herd the sheep? We have a sheltie, and tho we've never 'trained' him, he tries to herd us around everywhere; likes for us all to be in one room together! I've watched trials for border collies and other herding dogs, and I think they're absolutely amazing!!

Folks - do you realize we have 11 pages on this topic? WooHoo!

Can't you see all of us spoiling dogger?? Caregivers, trained to wait on someone hand and foot...and only one man between all of us? (There, dogger...that should keep you smilin' for a while! )

I have to say I love this journal, all eleven pages! This has been good for me...

I'm heading outside into the 50+ degree weather to clear out the cobwebs...but I'll be back. It's been a weird couple of days, and I need to vent, plus comment on how I was able to drive past Bri's accident site without losing my sanity...

Vicky

LOL, martha & dogger. I agree dogger would would go insane having all this women around him... so dogger, just dream on (you can control dreams to be nice... ).
    We should be having another 11 or more pages to go, I suggest somebody just writes it as a book when there is about 200 pages of this stuff...
    I had the "laudry" day yesterday, I think I'm like a machine when "accident" happens, help him in a shower, get clean clothes, stick the "wet" stuff straight in washer and turn it on...

Oh, I really had good time today, I went to an estate auction, hubby came along for a while, but after couple of hours him and our friend gave up and went to our house, and me and my girl-friend stayed and enjoyed ourselves for another two hours (I should do this every week)!!! And it turned out to be 54 degrees, so even standing outside in a pile of mud in somebody's yeard was great time.

That's enough writing...let mi check out the "steps program", I need some more ideas...

k

Marmaladay , i use sheepdogs [ at the moment i have 2 grown border collies and one kelpie( an Australian breed with a splash of dingo in them ) pup ] to muster [ round up ] my cattle , goats and sheep .what you see your dog doing should be natural instinct to them , we watch pups for signs of it when trying to decide if they have talent or not .
    Martha , your thoughts on a DA training centre are too late . i offered but because there did not seem to be much interest i have since changed my mind . i have now decided i will open an intense training centre for young , nubile , attractive , inexperienced , nymphomaniac devos ! and charge them like wounded bulls [ both financially and physically ] for the experience . move over Hugh Heffner !

thank you
    dogger