Page 17 of 137 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate's On Line Journal

Happy Valentine to all of you too...

Sorry to share this on such a happy day, but I had news that have been bothering me now for couple of days... My friends sister had a baby 3 and half months ago. Since she was born prematurely, they thought that bladder hadn't developed completely yet...Well three months went by and finally they found out that this little bundle of joy has a cyst on her spinal cord...
    It just bothers me a great deal, it's not just "another" spinal cord injury, it's a little baby who can't even tell anybody what's really going on with her...

Thanks for letting me to vent out...

Krajaxa, I'm so sorry to hear this. What do you know about what the treatment/prognosis for this is going to be?

No insult to the spinal cord is 'just another' injury; it's all horrendous.

If there's any comfort to be taken, it can be that infants and children are far more resiliant and accepting than we as adults. It's the parents who bear the brunt of the pain in their hearts.

hi jackie,

I don't really know too much about the examinations the baby had, except the cyst seems to be at the end of the spinal cord. There is supposed to be another, more detailed MRI done beginning of April and surgery sometime after that. The docs are afraid to do too much, since this is a few months old baby and every time they have to do MRI or the surgery, they have to use the full anesthesia (dangerous for babies more than the surgery or anything else).

We are seriously iced and snowed in here and I have 4, 17 year old boys "visiting". Hope the rations hold out!

Kathy, does that ever bring back memories! Years ago we let my nephew have a party at our house because being on the water it was a cool place to do it. I laid in what I thought was enough food for an army literally. We disappeared till about 1:00 a.m. and then came home and hid in our room. There was NOTHING to eat or drink in this house. The next morning, down on the dock, I found an empty can of cream of mushroom soup with a spoon in it! Someone had actually eaten cold soup when all else was gone. Yuck! Just make sure if you're stranded with them for long, don't let them near small animals!

I totally believe it! which is why I will not sleep much for awhile. We had the party from hell, I think it was Jan. 3, the night of the OSU, Miami football game. I had a basement full of 17 - 21 year olds cheering for both teams. At 4am I was rousting them out of the woods in back and screaming in single syllables for them to get back inside. These sorry individuals seemed to think they were back at college already. I was trying to control high schoolers mixing with the college crowd.
    The best is, I so remember my Dad claiming he wasn't born yesterday... well of course he was, now I sound just like him, ya think I was born yesterday? huh?

We have serious snow here, over 30 inches! Hubby did the grocery shoping Friday night but with 3 kids pinned in the rations are almost gone. I am dying for a diet soda but the secondary as well as the main roads are in need of clearing.
    Everyone has been sleding, watching videos, making tons of popcorn and putting the drier on over time.
    The most recent news reports have our schools closed for the next several days.....Thursday at the earliest. My five year old has announced that he is tired of the snow..."can I go to school now, Mom?".
    It is amazing how being stranded can make everyone work together for a common goal but how the little things annoy.
    Bring on a warm spring vacation somewhere in the South!!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
    It's already tomorrow in Australia!"----- Charles Schultz

We seemed to get more sleet than snow; I think we have about 17" on the deck off the living room. Deer were everywhere in the yard; we put some apples out for them. The younger ones look so cute with snow all over their faces! I'm just glad I have no place to go for the next few days!

Vicky

P.S. Martha~ Cream of Mushroom soup out of the can??? GAACK!!!

Thought for the day -

What does 'stressed' spell backwards?

Jackie~Coincidence?? I think not, ladies!!

Martha~Looks like some rain might be coming your way...hang in there!

KDK~got rid of the "eating machines" yet?

Cheesecake~Have the kids gone back to school?

Krajaxa~That poor little one! You have all been in my prayers...

And Kate~Waiting to hear about your wonderful vacation!