Thread: Kate's On Line Journal

Aww Marm I'm so sorry to hear that ! That "why" list for the end .. just gets longer and longer .... I pray someone dependable comes along soon !! {{hug}}

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Liz - you're welcome here anytime. Keep us posted about the dinner, and keep your head up.

Jackie - DAMN. Why the hell is it never easy?

Obie - how is Bill? Have you learned anything new?

Debra -- oh, I think of you and Jim with such fondness! Bruce's eyes have recovered almost all the way, thanks for asking.

me . . . you know what, I am sick and freaking tired of the bad news in the world. The grocery store up the street just closed last month. The drugstore up the street is going to close next week.

and my beloved sweet dog, Rocky, has lymphoma . . . he's had it for almost a year, but on Monday for the first time ever he couldn't take a walk with me.

he's an 11-year-old golden who came to us when he was 5 weeks old, who has been a joy every day and -- to me and Bruce and the girls he represents
    a certain innocence, long gone.

oh, I hate to let him go, but somehow we have to help him have a good end. The girls are coming home from college tomorrow so we can make our plans.

I almost can't stand it.

Bill has osteo in his right ischium Kate (just as I suspected ) . So he is on a mega super antibiotic for a couple of months and then I guess we'll go from there. I'm hoping I can keep the wound clean and get some tissue growth there so he can avoid another flap .... only time will tell.

I'm glad to hear Bruce's eyes are getting back up to snuff. But I'm so sad to read about your pooch .... making the decision to put down a pet is torturous .... the only way I've been able to survive it is too summon my faith and put all my energy on visualizing them on the "other side" happy playful and without pain as in the beginning of their life .... they count on us to take care of them even when it involves making tough decisions but I'm sad sad you and your family are havng to deal with this. I wish you all a peaceful outcome and will keep you in my prayers.

Obie

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

I will be keeping all of you and Rocky in thoughts Kate. Cyber

Obie, I am so sorry about the osteo.

Jackie~ The right person will come along, soon I hope.

Lil'Sis~ Sent you another PM, take a look if you can and let me know

This winter, we are big on the pipe, way too much illness. I need Spring to come shinning soon.

Soladies, do we dare attempt another gathering? I doubt I will be in Chicago, the ecomomy is killing me as is healthcare.

Quote Originally Posted by kate View Post
    Liz - you're welcome here anytime. Keep us posted about the dinner, and keep your head up.

Jackie - DAMN. Why the hell is it never easy?

Obie - how is Bill? Have you learned anything new?

Debra -- oh, I think of you and Jim with such fondness! Bruce's eyes have recovered almost all the way, thanks for asking.

me . . . you know what, I am sick and freaking tired of the bad news in the world. The grocery store up the street just closed last month. The drugstore up the street is going to close next week.

and my beloved sweet dog, Rocky, has lymphoma . . . he's had it for almost a year, but on Monday for the first time ever he couldn't take a walk with me.

he's an 11-year-old golden who came to us when he was 5 weeks old, who has been a joy every day and -- to me and Bruce and the girls he represents
    a certain innocence, long gone.

oh, I hate to let him go, but somehow we have to help him have a good end. The girls are coming home from college tomorrow so we can make our plans.

I almost can't stand it.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

what a nice post from dogger on page three. he was a real sweet guy.

Obie, I am so sorry about the osteo. Hang in there honey, and you go right ahead and bogart that pipe, honey.

Jackie, oh, I was so pumped for you! Will they hook you up with someone else? Do you want to try again?

Kate, what ever you do don't watch "Frozen River", although it is great acting by Melissa, it is a very depressing flick. So much for my Saturday night.

I had such a scare the other day. I had taken Jim to see "Slumdog Millionaire" because I had heard it was best on a big screen, but coming out to the parking lot I slipped on ice and was down on the ground before I knew it. I am fine but it scared me and I wasted several good oaths, since the cars just kept driving by and no one even stopped. We just got a 1/2 foot of snow and I just got shoveled out, dam these corner lots!

Cheesecake, never got the PM. I'm sorry, but I never got any Dogger pictures while he was here, camera wasn't working. This has been the longest winter, eh? Deb

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    what a nice post from dogger on page three. he was a real sweet guy.
    Yep, to know Dogger was to love him. Some of us were lucky to be able to call him a friend for so many years.

Thanks Deb, I figured you might, Marm didn't either. I guess we all figured we would see him again. My son took some funny one, I will try to post 2 candid shots . Dogger had quit smoking and was trying to hide the cigs from me. Leave it to a child to snap the evidence. My project is almost complete but I needed to check with you, thanks for the reply.

Thank you

Everyday I wake up is a good one
    phf 1959-2008

After doing a little clean up here in Caregiving I noticed our Journal thread had topped 100,000 views ..... holy toledo .... that's alot people doing alot of reading ...... makes me happy!!

So how about a little bit of sharing too ..... what's everyone up to? Spring has finally sprung on the prairies up here in the great white north .... I think I can actually see a little patch of grass in amongst the snow in our yard. I can safely say this has been the winter from hell .. its been the gift that keeps on giving and giving ... and giving some more! Anyhoo .... on the upside all that moisture will mean beautiful bountious Lilac bushes ..... and I eagerly anticipate their arrival.

We are still tending to Bill's sore ..... we are going to try a new matrix type dressing called Oasis http://www.healthpoint.com/divisions/tm/prodOASIS.cfm (anyone ever try it??) ... we're doing everything to try and avoid another surgery if we possibly can ! Other than that he has been in relatively good health except for the cabin fever ..... although lately he has been complaining alot about a pinching between the shoulder blades he gets from time to time .. it really flattens him when it cuts in ... so he's been taking more oxy to cope and that stuff puts him in an altered state ... I don't like it much but I hate to seem him in pain so what can you do .... f'ing sci !!

Went to a Talent Show my youngest daughter's school put on as a fund raiser last night for their "Peer Helper's" group (of which my daughter is a member - kids helping kids ) ... fantastic program and it's always fun to see them a little out of their element acting, singing, entertaining .... the desserts they served were good too. Laughter and treats .... good medicine .....

So .... what's up with everyone else ..... peace everyone ....

Obieone

Jane Siberry

Hello again .....

Well .... I wanted to share a little good news .... for a change !

We had an appointment with a general surgeon yesterday to assess Bill's sore ..... he was going to debride it and I thought .. going to try this Oasis stuff ........ well ..... after looking at it thoroughly .. he said ....
    ..... "nothing to be done" "keep doing what you're doing" "whoever is doing the dressings is doing an excellent job" (that would be me ... you see .... I couldn't see any slough and it did look good to me but ) ..... it was clean and healthy looking inside and after giving me a few more tips on the packing and dressing ... sent us on our merry way !!

He said if we continue it will probably close on its own inside.... albeit slowly ... if we can be patient .... no flap ..... I was so excited and happy to hear all that you can't imagine ..... after methodically changing those dressings for all these months it is starting to pay off ...... I know its still a long road ahead but its the first really encouraging word we've had in a very long time! .... little victories go such a long way .....

Any one else have something to share ?????? Oh and one more thing ...... I think it's safe to say ..........
    SPRING HAS MOST DEFINITELY SPRUNG

Obieone
    Last edited by Obieone; 04-21-2009 at 04:22 PM.

Jane Siberry

Martha, the starter of this thread, a belated happy birthday. Thought of you all day girlfriend but never sent an email, sorry

May this be a kick ass year!