Thread: Kate's On Line Journal

Quote Originally Posted by kate
    But those little markers -- the relentless small letting-go moments don't really get easier to bear. I still want to see him ride that 10-speed, again, dammit. I don't want to sell it. I don't want to give up on the hope that he will get it all back, and soon.
    I still haven't dispensed with Bill's old work clothes ie. coveralls, work boots ... things he can't "practically" use anymore. And its been 10+ years ! He used to wear those quilted flannel shirts alot ... no more .... he is very selective about the shirts he wears because he is so uber sensitive up top just above his level of injury ... he can't tolerate anything rubbing his chest if it isn't soft enough .... 'cept me of course ! Our son claimed alot of his things so somehow that made it easier .....

Great pics Kap .... I love seeing families enjoying themselves together and kids grow up so so fast ... savour every single moment ....

If I can figure out the re-sizing thingee I'll post one of Bill and the girls!

And yes its nice to see you guys posting ! I get a little lonely here sometimes .....

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Quote Originally Posted by Obieone
    And yes its nice to see you guys posting ! I get a little lonely here sometimes .....

Obieone
    Hi Obie.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Hey Deb - A scrabble buddy, huh? You should give me her phone number so I can tell her to start reading some dictionaries, lol! The book club sounds awesome - wish they had something like that here!

We've thought of you lots, especially with all the weather up in your neck of the woods. You and Jim are truly a picture of dedication. Glad to hear he and you! are doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by lilsister
    Obe's,
    Happy Solstice to you! Our book club, "The Naked Virgins (yeah, right!) of the Summer" will be meeting for our special solstice meeting on Tuesday which includes copious amounts of wine, a dish brought by everyone to share, and dancing in the moonlight. The book selection for this month is " Eat Pray Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert, an excellent book that we saved for this special meeting. My guess is there will be a ton of pasta, gelato, curry and surprise....wine! This book club has been a godsend for me, I mean what could be better than literary pursuits, friends and wine? It's my night out every month and I have even scored a scrabble buddy which is so cool. The friends have been great, we manage to get in extra-curricular activities as able, cocktails, walks, tea parties and support for each other.
    Jim is doing well, finally getting some serious sun after a long, snowy winter (over 100 inches). It can't be possible that it has been 8 years since his accident! Holy Schmoley! How our lives have changed! I am lucky to have the most positive, encouraging brother known to man and hope we can continue to work well together indefinitely.
    We also have continued to cross off several more contruction projects off our list and reap the rewards. Debra

Thanks Jackie,
    It's so nice to be acknowledged, in our situation we seem to be invisible so much of the time. Yes, I really lucked out to get into the book club, it is comprised of about 15 women, mostly of an age similar to mine. It is usually my outing of the month so I have gotten kinda dependent on it and enjoy the books. My 40th(!) high school reunion is this August so that should be interesting. Jim was a year ahead of me and will enjoy it also, lots of cleavage as the old girls swoop down on him! Sure wish you were closer Jackie, as I remember you were quite the challenge on the Scrabble board. Can you post some pics of your special dog, she sounds huge! Deb

Hi Deb .... totally agree with Marm your book club sounds wonderful ! I never got into Scrabble ... only played a time or two ..... its probably good for exercising the mind muscle .. help ward off the dementia as long as possible !
    I hope you Naked Virgins enjoyed your "dancing in the moonlight" .... my nephew graduated this weekend so there were lots of family doo-dads to partcipate in ... my sister's one and only so many tears were shed ! It was too cloudy to star gaze I'm afraid .... I think I'll pop a cork tonight with my Julie and sit on the deck until dark .... it stays light out until after 11 here on the prairies.

Bill seems to want to spend alot of his time in bed these days ..... he says he's just tired ..... not sure if its time to worry or not!

Obieone

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Scrabble?

Debra, Jackie, Obie . . . I think if you get on facebook you can play an online version with your buds. There are a few CC folk roaming around there, and it's a truly easy and cool way to stay in touch.

I love scrabble, but no one in my house will play with me. Actually they won't play any games with me. I learned young to defend myself (3 older brothers) by playing hard. Bruce was shocked the first time he saw me at a monopoly board . . . "Jeez, kate. Calm down."

How could I calm down when somebody was not landing on my orange ones???!!

LOL Kate! I'm the same way about monopoly. I have certain states I must have and if someone else gets them before me I turn mean! We just don't really play anymore, wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by kate
    I love scrabble, but no one in my house will play with me. Actually they won't play any games with me. I learned young to defend myself (3 older brothers) by playing hard. Bruce was shocked the first time he saw me at a monopoly board . . . "Jeez, kate. Calm down."

How could I calm down when somebody was not landing on my orange ones???!!
    This does not compute with my mental image of the Kate I know and love.

Hi, everybody, it is good to hear your voices. Be well.

Quote Originally Posted by zillazangel
    Hi Obie.
    Back at ya' Ami .... I love seeing your avatar here every now and again. You are missed !

What inquiring minds want to know .... however .... is ...... what did everyone do on the 4th ? I love national holidays .... we live very close to the US border so I'm in the habit of flying both our own Canadian flag as well as the Stars and Stripes .... but it does signal to me the half way point of summer which makes me a little sad ....... it seems the older I get the less I enjoy winter so I think I'll slip into that denial frame of mind I'm so good at lately and just put that thought right out of there for now .....

Hope you're all still fighting the good fight and hangin' in and on ..... I'm still trying to figure out the pic resize thingee ...... guess I'm just not as geeky as I thought ......

Obieone

Jane Siberry

Hi there! Our 4th was extremely busy with BBQ's, swimming, and playing out in the sun. It was a great weekend except Rob had to work all weekend which was kinda a bummer but at the same time I'm used to it.

The elevator has been officially installed and is working. We're not happy with the cosmetic damage they did to it while installing (which reminds me I need to call them today) but its in and working. Rob is sleeping upstairs. Its been almost a year except for a night here and there that we would scoot him up the stairs. Its weird, I'm happy to have him back but all of a sudden I feel really crowded. I cant seem to sleep well now. Maybe time for a King size???? I guess I got used to sleeping alone or with the random kid who sneaks into my bed late at night complaining of a nightmare.

We are off to Six Flags Great America today. I'm so excited. I love rollercoasters and rides and so do the girls. Its going to be a hot one which is good since my kids love water rides and I hate walking around wet (I hate wet underwear and socks ). At least I'll dry quickly.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday-all-most Friday today!
    Kelly