Thread: Kate's On Line Journal

Dogger - Steve Irwin? The Steve irwin?

I just read Dogger's Septic Tank Saga. LMAO
    Dogger, what a great story.
    William M.
    T 6/7 Complete - 4/20/74

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Chappell
    Yep, THE Steve Irwin. Seems he was the resident brown snake expert in the Outback. Dogger mentioned it in the thread when Irwin passed away as well as in his post about the infamous brown snake.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    If Dogger had a radio show in the US, women would be crawling on him like snakes on New Year's Eve!
    I'm a believer! Intelligent, funny, a gentleman, likes kids, tells a great story, not afraid to get his hands dirty, and - having finally caught a pic of him - a hunk too!

Dogger, you're the whole package!

Dogger, I have had the day from hell and your post made me literally laugh out loud!!!!!!!! OMG, "cathing frogs. daddy showed us where they were". That is going to stay in my head for a long time whenever I need a laugh!!!

Kendell - AWESOME new avatar!!!! Love it, love it, love it.

Ami
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Talking

But you could call it the Dig-Doggeral Daily Saga, tales from the outback. You really would have all those lonely, lubile (cool word) souls be scramblin' on ya! Of course, then I suppose you'd be bitching about being tired all the time. Deb

P.S. are you sure you weren't just trying to cover up your secret fetish for night soil while the trips were there?

Yeah , with a shovel , I felt decidely outclassed !
    With my voice , the only crawling going on would be by people begging which ever diety they worship that I be silenced forever .....Though thank you , you have given me some fodder for daydreams .

Quote Originally Posted by Betheny
    If Dogger had a radio show in the US, women would be crawling on him like snakes on New Year's Eve!
    I remember that night, Dogger. We were chatting as you armed yourself!
    Chris , This Steve Irwin owned a zoo on the coast and a block of dirt [about 50,000 acres] to the south of me and thought of snakes and crocs like you and I think of dogs . Poor bugger got killed by a stingray awhile ago .
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Chappell
    LilSister , I was certainly covered in nightsoil .
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilsister
    P.S. are you sure you weren't just trying to cover up your secret fetish for night soil while the trips were there?
    Thanks Spadfan , Zillazangel , Kendell and Cheesecake for your kind words .

I'll try to write the curly tale of Dogger's star boarder over the weekend .
    Every day I wake up is a good one .

Quote Originally Posted by kate
    and had a brilliant idea

how about we have an online anniversary party for the online journal thread?

in a coupla weeks it will be 4 years old--i think that's the record for any thread in these forums by far--

here's how this might work--we all agree to check in during the week of December 5th, and we have to go back and find at least one favorite post from earlier in the thread.

we take the juicy bits and paste them into a new reply--to remind ourselves how far we've come, and to help new people get caught up with all that's gone before

this place really did keep me sane in a way that nothing else could have--that was clear to me, reading my own desperation and confusion rising out of the screen . . . i don't want that to be lost

what say?
    marm, you out there? cheesecake, dogger, chris, chick, betheny, kath, martha, debra, obi, ALL of you whose names my aging brain is unable to come up with right now?

let's party.
    Bumping this up for the birthday party. Kath, where are you? Can someone email her please? I will bring the pipe if someone else brings the chocolate.
    Winter is here with a roar and the pipe is in much demand here.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Thought I'd better poke my head in here just to let you know I haven't been ignoring this thread ... I've just been sifting through it .. daily .. reading reading .. through tears of sadness as well as tears of joy ... so many years have passed !

I wonder how different my life would have been without this place ??

I have this fear .. now and then .. that one morning I'm going to come to my keyboard, login and ........ poof .... CC isn't there .. and I think to myself .. is it a good thing I've come to depend on this place so much for support ........

Hell ya' it is ...... its no different to me than making a date to meet for coffee or going to a regular support group. My only frustration is not being able to physically "be" with you all sometimes ..... and then I realize maybe its a good thing that I have to think before I type what I want to say so I can be clear about what I am feeling.

Whether or not I have become co-dependant along with the rest of you I guess I don't really much care any more .... CC is here and has provided us a much needed resource in ways too numerous to mention. The Caregiving forum especially has truly become a Sanctuary in every sense of the word! We have rocks to hide behind , and yes thank gawd for the pipe .... and of course lots of icecream to go with ...

There will never be enough words to say how grateful I am for Wise's selfless dedication to this site and his work .....
    and of course to all you dear folks for being there to share with on a daily basis. Thank you from the very bottom of my heart and Happy Anniversary to our Journal !!!!! Is this party BYOB ????? Cause then naturally I'm bringing the chardonnay !!

Obieone

And by the way I thought I'd let you know if y'all is good .... I might even be willing to let you borrow my red spandex jumpsuit or my Marilyn Munroe "sparkly skin tight burthday gown" (if it was for the right occasion )
    I do believe I can picture dogger in one of them right now !!
    Last edited by Obieone; 12-05-2006 at 12:19 PM.
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Quote Originally Posted by Obieone
    I wonder how different my life would have been without this place ??

There will never be enough words to say how grateful I am for Wise's selfless dedication to this site and his work .....
    and of course to all you dear folks for being there to share with on a daily basis. Thank you from the very bottom of my heart and Happy Anniversary to our Journal !!

Obieone
    Hey, happy anniversary, Obie!! I also wonder what I'd have done without you all. I promise you this, there would have been a lot less calm and a lot more head-banging grimness. Thanks to everybody who has managed for FOUR STRAIGHT YEARS now to show up even when your eyes were crossed with frustration . . . you rock, every one of you!