Page 103 of 137 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1364

Thread: Kate's On Line Journal

((( martha ))) I remember you although I was just coming to this site, finding my way in the dark in a way, just as you were going through your divorce. I hope that things are better for you; I have been through a divorce myself and it is so hard. Add into that the loss of a community like this one and it must be so hard. Stay in touch here, you have so much to contribute still ... as long as it's not too hard on you. Hugs, Ami

(ETA: what a gaff .... so sorry and thank you Martha for being gracous about it)
    Last edited by zillazangel; 09-16-2006 at 03:00 PM.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Thank you Ami and of course I remember you! I hope all is well with you, Chad and your family. I do hope to get a little more active in "the cause" again now that some time has passed. I know you were just arriving as I was more or less leaving so you had no reason to be aware of what was going on with me. Actually my husband Julian died of complications from his SCI on 12/12/03. He was post injury 2 yr and 9 months. And please don't feel bad for thinking I lost him through divorce -- that's a natural thing to think and well could have happened many times during our 32 years together! {{{{{{{{{{{{Ami}}}}}}}}}}}}

martha

Chris, I had forgotten about your adorable pugs. My niece has one and that's the cutest, craziest dog I've ever been around (except for my five of course!)!

Hey Martha .... how amazing to hear from you .... and even more wonderful to learn life has forged on for you in such an awesome way! Did you say 5 hounds ??? Our pooch Shady the pound puppy has stopped gnawing on her back leg finally and has almost become something of a service dog for Bill .. if in no other way but as a companion (of course no one else in our house does as they're told the way Shady does so I think it gives Bill a false sense of power that has been really good for his self esteem .. he has been enjoying relatively good health this summer except for the odd pressure sore ... he has an ileostomy now so he's rid of the dreaded Bowel program ... seemed as though he spent half his life in the can doing what doesn't come naturally while watching the birds in the trees outside his window for entertainment - that has now been replaced with spending endless hours obsessing over cleaning and flushing out his bags - but at least everything is flowing freely now and without effort !

I know it might sound strange and I know we haven't even met but it feels like hearing from an old friend reading your post tonight .... and of course its only natural you wouldn't frequent the forums as you did once because ... well ... life does go on ... as it has for you ... and of course I could understand how it might be too painful to revisit some of the old feelings of days gone! But as you can see your legacy to CareCure is Kate's On-Line Journal ... it has become like a "lighthouse" in the storm for the Caregiving forum ... its hard to imagine the Sanctuary without it ... thankyou for that ! In any event I'm awfully glad you popped in to say hello ..... take good care ... and Lichiam on your new marriage ... now ..... quit hogging the pipe and pass it on down

Obieone
    P.S. Isn't Chick an awesome looking woman .... I was glad when she finally came out from behind that rock CareCure women are hot!!!
    Last edited by Obieone; 09-16-2006 at 12:33 AM.
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Talking

Oh Martha, so good to hear from you, I have really missed you! I'm glad to hear things are going well with you. Deb

Martha remarried?? I wish you joy in your new life. Joy, peace, and happiness. It must feel like emerging from the shadows, and I think it took a lot of courage to go it again after losing Julian.

Best wishes. Glad you checked in, you gave me a smile.

Thank you all! You're all so sweet! And Obie, it feels like reconnecting with old friends to me too. I knew I had missed all of you, but I don't think I realized how much!

Obie, I'm glad to hear Bill is doing better and hallelujah to finding a solution to the B problems. That has to be a huge relief for both of you! I was truly sorry to read of your health problems. I hope that everything finally smooths out for you -- heaven knows you deserve it! It sounds as if Shady is a lot of company for him -- I truly believe that pets add so much to our lives despite the pia they generally are! Yep, 5 dogs for us. After I lost my last pack of 3, I swore I'd never do it again, but my vet and my now-husband kept bringing me strays. So, my husband and I each had 3 when we "got together", becoming the Brady Bunch of the canine world. Unfortunately my beloved golden retriever (a beach rescue right before I left Galveston), took a dislike to the old man next door (actually I don't like the old man next door so figured Mac had good taste!) who accused Mac of coming at him in a threatening manner. Since Mac could never be contained -- he just kept climbing the fence and going on walk-about -- I decided I had to find him a new home. The day after the accusation, Mac and I were in the car driving back to Texas where he's living with a wonderful family on 450 acres with no old men near!

Deb, it's great to hear from you. I'm so happy that you and Jim are doing so well after your relocation and everything else you went through. Last I heard (ages ago granted) you were frantically working on your house. Since we moved into the money pit and have a constant construction project underway, I'd love to hear what you've done / are doing.

Betheny, whoever said it is right -- you just keep looking younger and prettier! You must have that Dorian Gray mirror in your attic or something. Re getting married again -- like getting more dogs, it's something I swore I'd never do. Just goes to show one should never say never! He's a great guy and I'm very lucky to have found someone compatible at this stage of my life when I've gotten rather set in my ways!

So where's everyone else and what's happening?

martha, obie, deb, all - I only peek in this Journal every once in a blue moon too but every time, I'm reminded of the good things about carecure. Sometimes... well, lotsa times actually... coming into carecure is like going under a big pointless slimey rock, but you guys are truly diamonds in the rough (and mind numbing slime ).

As I write this, I'm reminded of something I said in another thread a while back to roshni -
    I've been fortunate in having come to know some special people on here, a few who've been generous in sharing a little bit of themselves with me. I am lucky to have them come into my life, even if just to bring a smile to my face. That can mean much more than people can sometimes know.

It's funny how some seem to have this (almost clinical) need to obsess and reduce almost every thread to petty personal cries for attention, but the few who are genuine and sincere make it worth coming back.

oh, you know what also peeking in here? I get a kick in the butt to catch up a bit on what's been goin on with some of you too - like Deb and Jim's house (and I wanna see the pics from the magazine profile! *not so subtle hint* ); and marm, any summer road-trips?

p.s. obie. you flirtin with me?

Quote Originally Posted by chick

p.s. obie. you flirtin with me?
    Mayyybeee .... ... nahhh .. I just appreciate a good mind when I see one ... come to think of it .. there's more than just a few good minds round here! Besides birds of a feather often do flock together so I'm told .....
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Martha!! How good to hear from you! You apparently have a way of bringing all of us out from under that damn rock!

We are all well here in the mountains. Bri is off at college and I've bragged on her so many times, I won't do it again. Let me just say I now believe that the light at the end of that tunnel wasn't a speeding train after all. The times spent here were some of the only good times during those first two years, and that's due to all the wonderful, generous people that were here way back when. What would we all have done without CareCure??

Keep in touch, Martha. I'm glad your life is going well. Tell Dean we said "Hey".

"Be kind...for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."
    ~Philo of Alexandria