Thread: Kate's On Line Journal

Quote Originally Posted by kate View Post
    Hi Martha!

I remember writing here once that I have the strangest feeling that you and I have actually met . . . it seem impossible, especially now, that we never have.

What a gift those old posts are, eh? I still remember the little lift I got from his "every day I wake up is a good one" ~~ like, if he could maintain that spirit, what was my problem?

Christ, I hate this.
    Kate, I always thought the same. And though I didn't mention it in the Dogger thread, I will never forget the night you stayed up with me all night. I was so very lost and you were like an angel holding me up. Thank you again. And to everyone else from those days, you all know I wouldn't have made it without each and every one of you! Thank you.

I use Dogger's line A LOT and I ALWAYS credit him. I don't think I realized how much I talked about him until several people this week, upon my mentioning our loss, reminded me that I had told them about this remarkable man before (and apparently often! LOL).

Oh Martha ..... It's so good to hear from you again .... you come to mind so often .... we're all so sad over dogger's death and here we all are comforting each other and reminiscing as if hardly a day has passed ... I was not nearly so close to him as so many of you clearly were but he had a special place in my heart too ..... he was just such a "true gentleman" ..... a rare thing in this crazy world ... its good to know he had found love again in his life, had many friends from all over the world and I hope some form of satisfaction in his pursuit for our shared dream of the cure.

I hope you are doing well (in spite of all this sadness) and life has been kind ...... do you still have your 4 legged kids ..... Shady has finally stopped gnawing on her hind leg ... I think we've calmed her pound puppy neurosis !!

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Thanks, Obi! I think of you all often as well. I hope that you and Bill and the children are all doing well. Are you still on your frozen prairie?

I hope that all who have been unfortunate enough to qualify for this "club" in the past few years have found as much comfort and friendship and laughter and understanding and warmth in this special corner of the world as I did. This was always the one special spot where I could escape, be my disgusting self without worry about being judged and really let my hair down. What an outstanding group of people!

Has anyone heard from Russ lately?

Wow, I was thinking of Russ last week as well as today. Besides Dogger, he was the only other constant male participant.

I wish you well Martha. I hope life is treating you kindly.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    Wow, I was thinking of Russ last week as well as today. Besides Dogger, he was the only other constant male participant.

I wish you well Martha. I hope life is treating you kindly.
    Hey lady, great minds think alike. I always enjoyed Russ and appreciated his devotion to Steve. I hope they're well.

And I wish only the best for you, my friend. I know this is a very difficult time and my warmest thoughts are with you.

So, who is willing to work to get this put into a book? Kate how hard is it to self publish? There are moment of my life posted here that I had forgotten. The arm coming in, didn't forget that. Unfortunately I had forgotten those beautiful rainbows.......right about now, I need that rainbow.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

So ..... just finished decorating the tree ..... its looks pretty nice if I do say so myself. Laure-Jane helped me ..... our kids are crazy about Christmas. You know ... every once in a while they do something to make you so damn proud .... well this year Kat (my middle child ... the one with a couple of tattoos ) who works with wee kids ... informs us all .. not to expect any gifts cause this year instead she is spending her hard earned cash on warm winter clothes for a non-profit daycare she used to work for ... so she went to Value Village and blew a wad on parkas,touques, scarves and mitts .... just thought she deserved a bit of a shout out ! Kind of makes up for some of those sleepless teenager nights I suffered through !!

I'm having a hard time trying to get into the mood ... Bill's not feeling too well ... many weird symptoms of who knows what .... blood in his urine, strange rash on the lower part of his bod , not eating, strange bruising here and there .... our doc is coming day after tomorrow to check things out ..... but I'm tired and a little drunk from the wine I drank doing the tree ....
    ...... oops .... sitting in the rocking chair and rocked over the cats tail ... my bad ...

Oh and did I mention its -36 c outside .......

Obieone

What's up with everyone else?? It gets so quiet in here sometimes!!! It's a little lonely!!

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Hello everyone...first post in this journal...I spent hours one evening reading about all the every day stuff we all do... I found such caring and love. The willingness to help...I hope to get to know all of you! I miss my kids and grandkids in California and Michigan...I love Jesus but I hate Christmas... and having Joels injury on Christmas Eve doesn't help...Can't seem to get warm enough even tho the propane is burning at a rate of, hell, can't remember what it cost to fill a 500 gallon tank...lots, I'm sure...filled it last summer when it was hotter than heck...I remember years and years ago (yes, I'm old) visiting Vancover (sp?) during the World's Fair which was awsome but when it's cold like now, I say to myself...good thing your not in Vancover...now that was COLD, my bones nearly froze...I'll never forget that as long as I live...May you all have a Blessed Christmas! judy

..... so now I'm taking down the tree ..... one of my least favourite things to do !! On the upside ...... naw ... no upside .... time to hunker down and get through the rest of the winter I suppose!

Bill's rash is gone but I'm dressing a brand new pressure sore .. yet again! I feel so bad for him ..... and me! It always starts so innocently ..... a shear .... so I watch it and try to keep it clean and un-in-fected we bought the kci low air loss mattress .... he takes the vitamins .... he watches what he eats .. I've even got him eating yogurt finally. Nothing matters .... fudge it all !

Got another snow fall warning this morning and we've got tons of snow already ... but it's warmed a little so Shady and I had fun playing in the white fluffy stuff .... she looked like the pup in the video someone posted in Life leaping over the drifts like a gazelle ..... gawd thats funny to watch! Bill hasn't been out of the house in over 3 weeks now ..... thankfully when we did the reno's we put in lots and lots of large and low to the floor windows ... so he gets an abundance of natural light in his room ..... but it simply doesn't compensate for getting right out in the great outdoors for an ex woodsman I'm afraid!

Gee laughing feels good sometimes .... its been so bad around here some days when I finally did I sartled myself .... then I felt guilty for feeling happy .. then I started to cry and then I laughed again .... and finally I got pissed off at myself for being so silly .... I should be able to laugh and not feel bad about it .... right?? ...... fudge it all !! (I'm using "fudge it all" instead of ... well you know cause one of my resolutions was to clean up my language a little ..... I've already slipped a few times .... sometimes its just so satisfying to say ... well ... fuck it all ... fudge .. well ... its sort of woosy sounding .... isn't it !!

Anyhoo .... just popped in to stir the pot and see if anyone's about ..... love to hear something ..... anything ... from anyone ......

Obieone
    Last edited by Obieone; 01-03-2009 at 12:42 PM.

Jane Siberry

Your are a step ahead of me Obie, I didn't even put up a tree...or buy a single present....and I just pretended it was just a another day...my kids here in Oklahoma left Christmas morning for California so we had a very quiet week...Seems as though I have crawled into a hole so deep I'm having trouble hanging on...I used to have a rope to hang on to and it's like I'm hanging on by a thread...I have decided to start the year off by going to the doctor...I know how important it is for ALL of us to take care of ourselves...
    There was the most awful news story the day or so before Christmas...A mother dragged her daughter (400 pounds)...now, thats another story...but....the house caught fire and burned very quickly...the Mom was able to get her daughter out safely...it took 4 firemen to get her lifted to take to the hospital....she had had both legs amputated so I guess she really didn't weigh that much but she was quite heavy...the picture showed the mom who was quite small and 68 years old....so sad, they lost EVERTHING....they only live 15 miles down the road...I think I would like to meet them and get my attitude of graditude back.... ...... ...... I hope everyone has a plan in case of fire...the sun is shining today...Obie, did you ever find that extra protein product I told you about? It's called arginaid...if you'll send me an address I'll send you some...well, I need to get some laundry done...hoping for a healther and happier new year! judy