Thread: Kate's On Line Journal

I'm hoping Cheesecake and family were able to enjoy some of the holiday festivities? Jim and I had a mellow, wonderful day to ourselves. Slept late, traditional Christmas breakfast( well, brunch)and opening presents at the tree. Our kitty is so funny, I think she loves the unwrapping and piles of tissue paper and ribbons the best. By the end of it she is festooned with ribbons and buried under a pile of wrapping paper, not the usual nonchalance on display! Funnily enough Jim and I had both gotten each other brown turtlenecks: great minds...?
    Our party on the 23rd was great fun and has now become known as the 1st annual --- holiday party and is expected to be done every year! Maybe I shouldn't have fed them so much? About 30 came and so it flowed throughout the house, I had put seats in several different areas and just put the food and drinks out buffet style. There were several friends that we went to school with so many years ago, good god we're gettin' older! Do you remember me saying that I wanted to get rid of some of our wine stock? Well, somehow we now have twice as much as before! So now we are planning on another party in February and will either use up the excess or open a wine bar. Jim had so many lipstick prints on his cheeks it looked like he was feverish, poor guy,the mistletoe was definitely working. We got favorable response on our house remodel and that was nice to hear. I did take pictures and hope they turned out. Now I am anxious to take down all the decorations and de-clutter, the rooms always seem so much bigger after December. We are now resting up for the New Year's parties, people are actually building ramps to get us in now! Deb

Okay, it's time for the journal to get with the program and into the new year!!!

Hope everyone has a healthy, peaceful, productive year!!!!

Ami, this is a bit overdue, but somewhere along the way you mentioned that you like my new avatar. Thanks! I like to call it "two women squished together in front of a webcam".

Hoping the New Year brings peace of mind to one and all. I think if you have that, everything else falls into place.

Today is our anniversary. Twelve years together - never would have thought someone could put up with me that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendell
    Hoping the New Year brings peace of mind to one and all. I think if you have that, everything else falls into place.

Today is our anniversary. Twelve years together - never would have thought someone could put up with me that long.
    Kendall, I think your avatar's great - two strong women acting just a little 'goofy'!

Peace of mind back at ya - I know you've had a tough time. And - happy 12th - I know how you feel - hubbie and I had our 17th last October, and just shook our heads!

way to short

Quote Originally Posted by lilsister
    way to short

Ummm - you okay?

Oops, I was trying to edit one of my posts, no biggie. We are doing well, just awaiting the Surehands lift. Evidently they sent it without the wall attachments! But now the room is organized and ready to receive it anyway. We got our new front door in the entry and it looks gorgeous, may even have to call it the foyer now. We are thinking of paint colors, but with the cold wave coming on it will be a leisurely decision. It's so nice to have sunlight come through.

Martha?

Anyone heard from her with those awful storms?

Gmta

She hasn't been online since Wednesday and then she was logging on and off. I just called both her home and cell and left messages. I asked her to call me if possible to let me know if she is ok. I think she lives in one of the counties that was hit.

I will post when I hear something.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Alive & Well

Thanks for the concern! I didn't realize I still get an e-mail when someone posts to this thread -- kewl!

Actually I'm in Texas and didn't even know about the storms until a friend from PA got me on my cell early this morning. Spoke with hubby and the power had just come back on and he managed to sleep through the storm (which is no minor fete with our 5 dogs laying on top of him since they're all afraid of storms!). Apparently immediately north of us they had 200 mph winds, etc and the storm cut quite a swath but we got lucky as did mother-in-law who lives about 12 miles north of us. I guess it went between her and us.

CC, didn't get your call on the cell but it's been trying to die and the battery is very short lived any more. As to the logging on and off, I'm at my niece's and she has the world's worst dial-up internet company. Can't stay on line but a few minutes and then it kicks you again. Thank heavens for high speed internet service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll never complain about comcast again.

How's everyone doing these days? Not much activity on here. Everyone ok?