Page 104 of 137 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1364

Thread: Kate's On Line Journal

Vicky, it's great to hear that Bri is doing so well and that life on the mountaintop is good! Now if a few more folks would check in, we could sing a rousing chorus of "Hail, Hail, The Gang's All Here"!

Martha , thanks for the kind words . I'm glad to hear that life is going well for you and that you have found peace and happiness . Your new husband is a lucky bloke [please tell him I said so] . Even though you don't check in here often , you will never be forgotten . For many of us , this journal will always jog our memories of your compassion and humour that you managed to maintain despite the dark days that occurred at times . I still smile at the thought of a couple of quotes of yours . In particular '' Time might be a great healer , but it is a lousy beautician '' .
    Best wishes for the future ,
    Dogger
    Every day I wake up is a good one .

Quote Originally Posted by dogger
    I still smile at the thought of a couple of quotes of yours . In particular '' Time might be a great healer , but it is a lousy beautician '' .
    ROFL! And it's still true, dammit!

You need to hurry up and visit this side of the pond.

leave it to Martha

Hey G/F. You started this thread back in the dark ages and now you just go and prance right in and stir this thread up again! I have to say, some of the people I have come to met and love are from this thread, and to think I have only met 3 of you! Kate, Marm and Lil'Sis! Time for a gathering, ladies and gents. Ages ago we tried to get together for a girls weekend. I never took one before this past week. Now that we are wiser and older (aged gracefully) think we should give it a go again?

Martha, again, thanks so much for awakening us from our sleep. It is to easy to let go and loose touch. You made my week. Now stop flirting with Dogger, you are married!
    Every day I wake up is a good one

omg, i'm too tired to live but i have to check in

I'm 3 days behind on a work project that is threatening to eat me up.
    Our oldest is leaving for college on Saturday.
    My youngest brother, his wife, their 6-yr-old, and their 1-yr-old have been staying with us for the last week.
    Our younger daughter is a junior in high school, with the full complement of homework, soccer, SAT pressure--that keeps her going 16 hours a day.

And Bruce is his usual self, full of crazy plans having to do with playing his new bass guitar and fixing up our family room as his painting studio again (after my brother's family leaves) and 3 different volunteer jobs and, yes, he works full time himself.

Here's to amazement! Any of you out there who are reading these last few posts, the whole freakin' thread is still pretty good. You can follow the lives of several cc members for 5 years . . . the good and the ridiculous and the bitter all mixed up together.

Oh, and yeah . . . most incredible news of all: you'll be able to buy the book I wrote about our family in a month or so. It's called "Some Things Are Unbreakable".

Martha, I have the strongest feeling that we actually have met, tho' I know it's not so. Maybe we could have a kates-online-journal suite at the next rally in dc and for real sit down at a kitchen table together.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake
    Hey G/F. You started this thread back in the dark ages and now you just go and prance right in and stir this thread up again!
    Actually, don't forget this was Kate's idea! You can "blame" (credit) HER with starting it!
    I have to say, some of the people I have come to met and love are from this thread
    I couldn't agree more! What a wonderful group of people!
    Ages ago we tried to get together for a girls weekend.
    Sounds like a great idea. See Kate's post below -- maybe that would be a good opportunity since it seems we'll never finish this ongoing construction project around here!
    Now stop flirting with Dogger, you are married!
    NEVER! Just because you're on a diet, doesn't mean you can't still read the menu! Besdies, you know me better than that -- it's in my DNA!

Quote Originally Posted by kate
    Martha, I have the strongest feeling that we actually have met, tho' I know it's not so. Maybe we could have a kates-online-journal suite at the next rally in dc and for real sit down at a kitchen table together.
    It feels the same to me. I think the gathering at the Rally next year is a great idea!

The rest of your post brought up a lot of thoughts and memories. I remember so well the seemingly impossible daily tasks of "regular" life combined with those required in caring for someone with SCI. Now that I no longer have the latter to handle, I still don't seem to ever finish all that needs to be done. Which reminds me how amazing you ALL are! At this point, I don't know how you each manage to pack so much into each day and still get up the next and do it all again. You're all heroes (hate the word heroine, sorry) and incredible people.

A Friend

Funny how they can be someone you have never met......
    Yet someone who knows your fears, secrets and joy.
    Hope this works,

http://dingo.care-mail.com/cards/flash/5409/abc.swf

Cheesecake - ahem, you've only met whom - Kate, Marm and Lil Sis from these forums? Liar, liar pants on...

Hope you're well and thanks for the latest e-mail..

Onward and upward cave-dwellers..

Sorry Chris, hope I didn't offend, I was referring to the original cast of Caregiving ladies. Yes, I have met you as well as other great CareCurers.
    Hope life is treating you well too.