Page 132 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3282122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137 LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1364

Thread: Kate's On Line Journal

Happy Holidays

I just stopped by to wish all of you WONDERFUL "members" of Kate's Journal the happiest of holiday seasons. I think of you all often and the incredible friendship and support that I found here. I truly hope that you are all well.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by martha View Post
    I just stopped by to wish all of you WONDERFUL "members" of Kate's Journal the happiest of holiday seasons. I think of you all often and the incredible friendship and support that I found here. I truly hope that you are all well.

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Oh, god, Martha! Where are you?

Quote Originally Posted by kate View Post
    Oh, god, Martha! Where are you?
    She's here with us, like she always has been Kate. Don't ya know that's the beauty of this thread?

Love ya Martha. Peek out from under that rock every now and them. Now we need Marmalady to pop in and Russ too.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Hi Kate! Like that proverbial bad penny, I keep popping up. I'm finally back in Texas where I belong. And CC is right, I've always been here in spirit and think of all of you often and you're all often in my prayers. You were all such a HUGE part of my life and those feelings never change. I was hoping to 'catch up' on how everyone is but it seems to have been a bit quiet in the Journal lately. I hope others will stop by and check in.

Love you too CC! And all of the incredible "members" of KJ!

New SCI wife

This is my first time reaching out in any way in dealing with my husband accident. But if I don't do somthing I feel like running away and never stopping. But I know that this is just a feeling. I just need some one to just listen and get what I am feeling. To tell me that I do have rights to hurt, cry, get mad, and yell. with out being judge that I can't handle this because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by noregrets View Post
    This is my first time reaching out in any way in dealing with my husband accident. But if I don't do somthing I feel like running away and never stopping. But I know that this is just a feeling. I just need some one to just listen and get what I am feeling. To tell me that I do have rights to hurt, cry, get mad, and yell. with out being judge that I can't handle this because of it.
    You've definitely come to the right place. I'm sorry you had the need for this resource, but glad that you found it. The wonderful people here kept me from going insane after my husband's accident and through all of the "unknowns" as they popped up. You can express any feeling, ask any question or just vent and talk here without judgment. This is an incredible group of people and they ALL know exactly what you're going through. I hope you find the support and friendship here that I did and that we all need. Absolutely everyone was wonderful and I formed some lifelong friendships here. I'll never forget the night that Kate literally sat up all night with me on the computer helping me through one of Julian's first crises after coming home. I would have never made it without this beautiful group of people.

And one other thing -- this was the one place I could come and actually laugh over the absurdities in our new reality or cry with people who understood why.

Good luck, stay strong and use this site as it was intended -- for the support and education and friendship that we all need.

Hugs,
    martha

Hi noregrets, I often read the old threads here and helps to find others are as overwhelmed or have the same feelings I do.
    Keeping my head above water is tough some days as my husband has a lot of complications and pain.
    Family dynamics change in ways I never would have dreamed.
    My adult children are devoted to their step dad and his own family were first in denial and now scarce.
    I miss our old simple life.
    I don't see as much caregiver advice or support as I used to or thought I would find lately, but there are some great people here who understand the trials of SCI, equipment, docs etc.
    Best wishes.

Hi "Noregrets,"
    There is a forum called Caregivers, and it is membership only and a relatively private place to talk to people who have and are experiencing what you are. Unfortunately the forum is slow and not very well used, but there are some excellent threads from the past that you might find helpful just by reading them. All of us who are close family caregivers share a core of common feelings. We are all in this together in some way and we care about you.

May you find many things for which to give thanks.

NL (GJ's wife and caregiver)

I just need some one to . . . tell me that I do have rights to hurt, cry, get mad, and yell. with out being judge that I can't handle this because of it.
    Hello, noregrets . . .

You have every right to be sad, or enraged, or devastated, or frustrated, or broken-hearted. In fact, you kind of must experience some of that in order to handle your situation.

The only people who would judge you over those things are people who don't know what SCI is -- and their opinions are not valid.

It always feels wrong to me to say welcome . . . I mean, it's not like any of us is here by choice, eh? Still, you are welcome and I hope you feel free to say whatever you like here.

Martha ..... I'm just so ridiculously happy to see your face - finally - after all these years (a borrowed phrase from Betheny - after I posted my avatar awhile back ) I'm always so glad when you poke your head in from time to time to say "hey "

Caregiving is a unique place .... there is a quiet sacredness about it .... most of us find at some point our need is no longer as urgently required because our significant other has either passed or moved on in some other direction - and that is always bitter sweet. Sometimes - its because the person requiring the caring in our lives has reached the point where we are not as needed as we once were or we've just got comfortable with where we are at .... and the urgency seems a little less desperate . Whatever is going on in each of our unique situations ... we here in Caregiving are always .... still here ...

What I know for a fact is there is a lot of reading goes on in this lonely little place - and we become connected without even realizing - we start to know each other without exchanging a single post .....

Still ... I'm also always ridiculously happy when everyone comes out from behind their rock now and again and lets the rest of us know ...... "we are here, we are here, we are here ....... "

Obieone
    Last edited by Obieone; 11-24-2010 at 07:58 PM.
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry