Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Does God Really care???

Cool Does God Really care???

not to get into a religous debate, but many will find this article may give them some Insight.
    http://www.ldolphin.org/disasters.html

visit his web site Top Notch
    Last edited by znop; 08-26-2008 at 03:24 PM. Reason: errors

Every deadly calamity is a merciful call from God for the living to repent.
    That is so audacious.

Quote Originally Posted by znop
    not to get into a religous debate
    Seriously?

many will find this article may give them some Insight.
    I wish it did, but I still don't get why anyone would honour the god described in those articles.

This is the point of all pleasure and all pain. Pleasure says: "God is like this, only better; don't make an idol out of me. I only point." Pain says: "What sin deserves is like this, only worse; don't take offense at me. I am a merciful warning."

Yeah, no offense, but even I didn't have a disability, I still wouldn't get that.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais
    That is so audacious.
    In the good sense (being bold) or the bad sense (lack of respect)?

C.

You could look at God's plan this way if you don't believe in the bible (like myself)...

Which ever way you look at it there is a destiny for us all. Having a destiny you must assume a journey takes place. that is a destiny cannot come without a journey. Whether you are paralysed from the neck down, or a mother watching her kids dying of starvation, you still have a place in this universe on this puny rock we call earth... Our destiny is not just recognising the greatness of your favorite superhero (be it God, Allah, Jehova, Jahwe, Buddha or evenLuke Skywalker). It is all about overcoming the obstacles you face thoughout your time on this little rock.

You may die a para or quad or even from starvation. That is not the point. The question you should be asking is how did you overcome your obstacles? What is your destiny? How does that make your life more fulfilling?

Quote Originally Posted by Keiser
    The question you should be asking is how did you overcome your obstacles?
    Indeed. It's not what happens to you, it's how you deal with what happens to you.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    In the good sense (being bold) or the bad sense (lack of respect)?

C.
    Bad sense. Using the tsunami that occurred on December 25, 2004 for religious fodder and claiming it was a call to the living to repent is just disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiser
    You could look at God's plan this way if you don't believe in the bible (like myself)...

Which ever way you look at it there is a destiny for us all. Having a destiny you must assume a journey takes place. that is a destiny cannot come without a journey. Whether you are paralysed from the neck down, or a mother watching her kids dying of starvation, you still have a place in this universe on this puny rock we call earth... Our destiny is not just recognising the greatness of your favorite superhero (be it God, Allah, Jehova, Jahwe, Buddha or evenLuke Skywalker). It is all about overcoming the obstacles you face thoughout your time on this little rock.

You may die a para or quad or even from starvation. That is not the point. The question you should be asking is how did you overcome your obstacles? What is your destiny? How does that make your life more fulfilling?
    Bbbbb, but Keiser, a characterization like that has no basis in reality. Earth seems a little durable and massey, etc., etc..

BTW, where do you get the audacity to be male? Jk. from me "attacking" wrong gender - and no reflection on you.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    Bbbbb, but Keiser, a characterization like that has no basis in reality. Earth seems a little durable and massey, etc., etc..

BTW, where do you get the audacity to be male? Jk. from me "attacking" wrong gender - and no reflection on you.
    As for the characteristics of earth, I'm not up on the laws of astronomical physics... Makes me wonder why I haven't been able to defy the laws of gravity at least. But kidding aside, I made the earth is a puny rock statement because, earth is puny in relation to the estimated size of the universe. Then consider how many things live on it, consider the dilema of global warming. The Earth is running out of bedrooms. We need to renovate quickly.

But As for being male... Madame Supremo realised I would have had waaaayyy to much fun being female... Damn!!! couldn't get that past her.

But , I just don't get why people have this idea that god will solve everything. Consider the numbers of cures and advances in technology gives me the impression that we are capable of everything ourselves (whether it be curing paralysis or walking on a new planet someday). We will become self sufficient in due course. Putting the responsibility on something you can't even prove exists, is irresponsible.

As for the starving in africa and various other conflicts, I have no real idea. One government for the whole of earth maybe...
    Last edited by Keiser; 08-26-2008 at 10:09 PM.

Originally Posted by Keiser
    Putting the responsibility on something you can't even prove exists, is irresponsible.
    Sort of a backwards way of looking at life, don't you think. For without faith, what could you do. Also, how many with sci would rather use that faith differently instead of making the sci mistake. Hmmmm <echo>mmm