Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ok, Martha!

Ok, Martha!

Let's start a new thread . . . how about we spend a little time rolling our eyes at the "Does anybody like Hooters?" topic over on Life? Or start another political fight, that was fun . . . how about we make a poll about who's our favorite post-er on these forums? I personally like mkowalski a lot, plus mary the nurse, and seneca, and scorpion, and of course my spouse, projectorguy, and you! I'm feeling crazed tonight, so just ignore me if you like.

Kate come in the room and yak with me!!!

Im bored of my current project im a little nuts too!!!

Mary the nurse

I am so far behind I think I am first....

Thanks Kate!

I think I must be crazed tonight too. Thanks for moving that detestable topic from the top of the list. Before the Hooter's topic, there was the "real vs. fake breast" topic that you forgot to mention. Or we could have even more fun by going back in the archives and finding each other's posts and adding tacky comments to each one. That's another game some people seem to enjoy. But instead, I think I'll just cut and paste tomorrow's NY Times into every forum on this board in case others don't have time to read it for themselves.

Darn, "the voices" are telling me it's time to take my pharmaceuticals and go to bed.

martha

*Time may be a great healer but it's a lousy beautician!*

LOL, Ladies! I love it!

On a more serious note, I know you've all looked at the posts re all the 'Max' posts everywhere. Seems he has new services he joins, and just cuts and pastes articles and press releases if they sound even vaguely familiar.

My question to all of you caregivers - Do you read those articles? Do you feel they're relevant? Do you feel elder caregiver issues apply to you as an SCI caregiver? Would you rather see the articles trimmed down a bit to be more relevant? Please let me know!

Jackie

I have to admit that I read very very few of them any longer. I used to try to because I lamely assumed if it was posted on CareCure, it WAS relevant. What a mistake that was! Now I read them IF I can tell from the title that there is anything of interest to me, IF I actually have a few minutes to scroll through the titles to even determine that, OR sometimes I read them just to try to figure out WHY they are posted at all. I find most totally irrelevant, boring and a waste of space. And despite what others say about the ease of scrolling past this trash, it takes time and most of us don't have enough time as it is.

If these people think the articles are interesting enough to post, I would rather see ALL news articles of ANY nature posted into a totally separate forum and NO news articles of any type within any other forum than that designated for news.

Sorry for the renewed rant, but you did ask.

martha

News articles

Martha said it so eloquently...I second her rant!

Vicky

Vicky

Thanks! I've never been accused of being eloquent! Usually I'm accused of being a bitch. I think it fits better, but I appreciate your agreement on the issue at hand. This board has been a godsend for me, but I visit less and less often simply because there's too much trash to wade through and too much bickering going on. Don't get me wrong, debate and differences of opinion are good. Bickering is not productive and a waste of everyone's precious time (as are these reams of ridiculous "news" articles).

martha

Absolutely, Martha!

When my daughter was first injured, this site, and the kind people here, gave me so much inspiration and information! The news articles should be posted in their own separate forum, in my opinion. Personally, I'm much more interested in real life solutions, opinions and questions. I can read news articles on my own..whenever! The bickering does make one weary, doesn't it? It's not energizing, like a good discussion can be.

As for being a bitch...just think of yourself as "appropriately assertive"...it always works for me!

Vicky

Boobs

I am a caregiver and I love sciwire!!! However I surf it less now because of threads like the real or fake or hootersville...let's see am I in Jr. High again!!!??? I mean I realize it shouldnt all be medical and "stuff". But come on...I myself like to waste time by channeling surfing and seeing how many hollywood type females I see on my 57 channels in any given surf-through... Tooo many!!! HAH HAH!! I mean its corny...like if I were to ask..hey ladies do you like a thick penis or is lenght better than girth or is a thin one more fun...I mean REALLLLLYYY!!

spinner's wife

I posted something in private topics for you. I need some advice if you don't mind?

Email me at lmf_@hotmail.com if you can talk.

Thanks.