Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Loosing son to DHS

I was thinking the same. But I am an incomplete para so I was afraid to write it. But I have three children and have raised them alone and I know tetraplegic mothers here who is doing fine with two small children
    TH 12, 43 years post

I hope this little boy doesn't lose both parents, because he might be confronting you both at some point with 'why'. That would be tough to answer.

What a tough situation to be in. I wish you luck with whatever you decide. Could/would your brother help you out or cousins?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Since he is not with hos mother, can you visit him now? (I assume he is in foster care?) He must be very confused.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by cass
    are you sure you can't care for him? 4 yr olds are very helpful. mine was 4 when he first helped me out of a hotel bed where we were snowed in. i bet you'd find you could handle him just fine.
    Chris, this is really upsetting to me, you must be distraught. Please consider what Cass is saying here. She truly knows what she is talking of. I know Leo has single-parented a lot

I thnk you need to make some lists.
    Please don't let fear make decisions you may all regret forever.

Jeez, that would tear me to pieces. I know you'd be capable of caring for him, I dunno how you'd prove it to a judge though. Good luck.

prove it to a judge? shouldn't be necessary. for goodness sake, i gave birth as a quad, changed diapers, etc.

don't let your son go into "the system." please.

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423
    Since he is not with hos mother, can you visit him now? (I assume he is in foster care?) He must be very confused.
    Sorry, but that slip made me chuckle a little. I read "with ho's mother" and got a little laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by cass
    prove it to a judge? shouldn't be necessary. for goodness sake, i gave birth as a quad, changed diapers, etc.

don't let your son go into "the system." please.
    I agree with Cass, that would be just horrible. I'm not a mother but when I was in my 2nd year living life as a quad I babysat my 3 nieces/nephews for about 3 months while their parents worked, all three were toddlers with one of them still wearing diapers and I learned to change diapers, get them cleaned up when they had accidents. I'm sure you can get people to help you out when you need it. Really think about this.

Chris,

Just want to wish you and your son the best. Please believe in yourself as a father. Your son needs you. All your son cares about is you, not how you make him dinner, not how you tuck him in at night, not that you are a quad.
    Jennifer - Married to Jeremy (C-5 inc. brown-sequard) mommy of two little drama queens

about your other child you're not on the birth certificate for, is it possible to get a paternity test so you'd be able to get some rights to see that child? I'm sure you think of both of them every day, I hope you can find some solution to this.