Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's been quiet - everyone OK?

It's been quiet - everyone OK?

Has been pretty quiet lately. Just checkin to make sure everyone is OK, and life is going along alright.

Don't jinx it Tag. No news is good news.

Onward and Upward!

Doin' OK

We found out- the hard way- that my DD16 won't be able to drive with regular controls..and are having her evaluated next week to see what modifications she will need. looks like maybe just a left side gas pedal, or maybe pedal modifications that will let her drive w/ both feet.

She was tripped by the dog last week, and ended up with a doozy of a scrape/bruise on her left knee. The reactions reminded us just how messed up her sensory stuff really is. Couldn't ice it because cold hurts too much. She could hardly feel the cuts and scrapes, but the deeper pain was making her spasm and shake. It was really odd.

On a high note she was able to play, (standing), in the Young Classical Musicians Contest last night. She didn't win, but it didn't matter. After hearing all of the talented kids, I realise making the finals was a serious achievement. She plays oboe, and we're buying her an english horn (which is like an oboe, but plays a 5th lower) for Christmas.

Other than fighting w/ out insurance about *why* she can't just switch to drugs on their limited formulary, we're dealing with things.

M.Elston

Unfortunately, most caregivers wish there were 36 hours in a day, and they didn't require any sleep, to get the lists of tasks done for day to day life! Doesn't leave much room for chatting!

Tag, hope your dad's okay, and that everything finally went smoothly. I've been busy with a new part-time job, catering gigs for the holidays, getting the plants indoors before the frost - dancing a thin line there!

But I, too, wish everyone well and hope everything's okay with all!

PS - It'll never be really quiet as long as Max is around to keep us up to date on all the newsworthy topics!

Tough as nails living on the prairies!!

We're o.k. too, busy sorting things out on a daily basis!

If it isn't a problem that needs resolving SCI wise its teenager wise . . . life's an adventure! My oldest daughter is turning 16 on Tuesday and I'm sort of zenning out about how it happened so fast.

. . . So much changed . . . so fast . . . kids grew while it all happened . . .

Anyone get what I'm saying????

Everyone OK

Marmalady,

It's good to be busy. Thanks for asking about Dad. We got him home a week ago. Now Mom's dealing with the fact she spoiled him, but after 50+ years of marriage I guess they have it figured out. That Wound Vac was phenomanal, after all the problems getting his incision to heal; after they put it on he only needed it 3 weeks. I'm definately keeping that thing in the back of the brain for further use if necessary.

Hubby had a job interview today - thought it would be as usual and hour but 3 1/2 hours later they were still talking. Supose to hear this week sometime, so we're hoping it is good.

Good luck on the holidays - they are crazy enough for the rest of the world, I alsways have had a soft spot for the people who have to put up with the rest of us.

I just got back on again. I was having a lot of problems with my old computer and I just got the new one up and running. I did an update in life. I just don't seem to have the time now that I am working again. No school on Friday so maybe I'll catch up then.

I could use 36 hours in a day!

Let's see...getting a divorce, quitting my job, moving out of state, getting my daughter off to Craig Hospital, and then college (!!)...I guess I've been busy.

Life is certainly exciting, isn't it? It's good to hear everyone who's posted so far is hanging in there.

Anyone else??

Vicky

No, I'm not OK.

I haven't posted here for yonks because I'm worn out. I've been doing the caregiver thing for 25 years and I'm exhausted. I'm up 2 or 3 times a night. My husband is in constant pain and physiotherapy is available only to new SCI people (ie those undergoing rehab).

I haven't had a holiday since 1983 and the only time I get out of the house is once a week for two hours to go grocery shopping.

Sorry to whinge but you did ask.

Everyone OK

Jools,

If you have resources available please take advantage of them, we all need to remember that we can't take care of someone else unless we take care of ourselves first.

Pain is an awful issue, I thank all beings that my husband at least doesn't have pain problems.

If we can't say what we really feel here where in the world can we.

Will look up some AU references and post ASAP.