Thread: personal med issues me not Anthony (female)

personal med issues me not Anthony (female)

I hope I am not breaking any rules on this forum asking about myself not being an sci but i am desperate.

I have been having a medical problem now since June and hope someone on here (female) can shed some light on.

can get kinda personal but i don't care at this point i am stressing out (probably making it worse) and it is driving me crazy.

On June 7th i was dry and itchy "down there" thought it was a yeast infection and used over the counter monistat; did nothing.

On June 12th I woke up with a UTI, believe me I know what they are. Symptoms included urgency, frequency, very clear like water, not alot came out, back sore, but not the normal hurting at the end of urination. I was out of town and had to find a "planned parenthood" type of place and did. They did a urine "dip" (did not send out) and it was positive.

They prescribed Macrobid 100mg for 10 days; symptoms decreased but not all. I called them after meds were done and they prescribed Cipro 500mg for 5 days. Still not gone but subsided.

Still dry, pulling sensation, pressure, urgency, sometimes fluey feeling gets worse as day goes by.

On July 15th I went to Planned Parenthood in Tampa, they also did a dip also sent it out for culture. They did say I had a yeast infection and presc. Fluonezale(sp?) 150 mg. Two pills to take four days apart + pyridium for any pain, that I don't really have after urinating. Culture came back Negative! (Sidenote: Planned Parenthood is weird they must have asked me about 3 times what my sexual preference was; somehow this is important to them)

Symptoms persist.

On July 22 went to my Internist he also did a dip that was Negative. Said did not want to cost me more to send it out because it will probably come back with the same results. Said drink lots of water and take it easy.

I have still been living like this to this day. It is driving me crazy. It doesn't get worse but will not go away. I have called my Dr. again and have made an appt to do a papsmear. I haven't had one in over 5 years and I don't think it really has anything to do with this but will eliminate this option. Thank God this Dr. is cost consious they are only going to charge me $30 for the papsmear knowing I have to pay out of pocket. But are Internists qualified to do papsmears?

I guess after that I will have to see a urologist. But wanted to get this out there in case someone on here has any ideas.

My symptoms now are dry, tugging feeling from belly button down to pee hole, pressure, always feels like I have to go to the bathroom and a slight annoying ache on my left side back i guess right under my rib cage, nothing major might just be sore muscle at least that is what it feels like and not all the time.

Help

Cindy Waters, Tampa, FL
    mom to Anthony c4,c5,c6; 25 yo
    March 2003
    Cindy Waters
    mom to Anthony, right c5, left c4 (24yo)
    injury march 2003

have you tried cranberry pills?
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

You may have a cystitis without a UTI. See a urologist. You will probably need a cystoscopy to evaluate you for possible intersititial cystitis. It is not a good diagnosis to have, and that may not be the case for you, but your symptoms do seem to fit.

http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseas...itialcystitis/

(KLD)

In the past I have had uti-ish symptoms with yeast infections, are you sure that is cleared up?
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

How old are you? It can be a symtom for the menopause. My friend had it like that a year before she understood why.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321
    have you tried cranberry pills?
    no but have been drinking alot of cranberry juice to no avail
    Cindy Waters
    injury march 2003

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse
    You may have a cystitis without a UTI. See a urologist. You will probably need a cystoscopy to evaluate you for possible intersititial cystitis. It is not a good diagnosis to have, and that may not be the case for you, but your symptoms do seem to fit.

http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseas...itialcystitis/

(KLD)

oh god i sure hope not, i don't have pain necessarily but the other symptoms might be. I'll bring it up to my Dr. though anyway. thanks
    Cindy Waters
    injury march 2003

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423
    In the past I have had uti-ish symptoms with yeast infections, are you sure that is cleared up?
    actually no i'm not i just started another treatment of 7 days of monistat

i'm 47 and menopause has crossed my mind
    Cindy Waters
    injury march 2003