Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update on MRSA, etc.

gonna say it again..

Honey..

If you get one of those boils, debride it best you can, then cover it with honey and slap a bandaid on it.. replace daily.

Personal experience with MRSA, it fixed it for me.
    Rick Brauer or just call me - Mr B

http://www.riseadventures.org

Quote Originally Posted by Rbrauer
    gonna say it again..

Honey..

If you get one of those boils, debride it best you can, then cover it with honey and slap a bandaid on it.. replace daily.

Personal experience with MRSA, it fixed it for me.

I've heard this before - do you use any particular kind of honey?

Rbrauer, I wish I had done that at the beginning of my MRSA odyssey. Now, it's too late, I'm colonized.

Momo3, thanks; I, too, hope my mood 'sweetens'. I'd love to feel less irritated, less impatient; I probably should just ignore the Politics forum here, too, where the nastiness can really drag ya down, but I'm a political person, and rather opinionated...

Here's an incident: I was laying in bed yesterday afternoon, off my ass when my cat, the one in the avatar, came howling at my door. I looked up to see, in his mouth, about 2 foot long rattlesnake, curling and hissing, Doctor's got him right behind the head and the snake don't like it none. I'm thinkin', 'Damn it, the snake's gonna kill me poor, innocent cat!' and I start to get to my chair, gonna save my cat, right?

He didn't need any saving, though...

Doctor drops the snake, the snake takes a fast swipe at him, Doc avoids the hit and then, pow! lands right behind the head again and sinks his teeth into the neck, crunch! Snake doesn't like it at all, but Doc has a look in his eyes, man, serious murder goin' on. He cut right through the neck, the body of the thing curling and spinning, but Doc don't care, he's killin' this thing and aiming to eat it, which he commences to do, head's just layin' there, mouth opening, closing, while Doc chomps on the squirming body. My son eventually buried the head and remains of body, and Doc's out hunting again.

Why am I tellin' this incident? He reminded me of myself: usually mellow, sweet, loving, but occasionally capable of killing a killer, powerfully. That's how I feel lately, ready to explode.

Wish I didn't, but I do...
    vgrafen

My book, 'Scouring the globe for a cure: a disabled man's experiences with stem cell treatment' is available at Booklocker at the following address:

www.booklocker.com/books/2857.html

A percentage of every sale goes to CareCure.

Getting her nose de-colonized seem to have finally cleared my mom of mrsa. Now it had done much damage before it was cleared. Her doctor is an old friend hence is ruthless with the nasal culture swabs. She got mad, it hurt. But he got rid of it, and it had drrained her for well over year.

I just wonder why you're susceptible to the mrsa infxns. Mom carried it for years...suddenly horrible scapl/skull infection. Later we found she has a low grade, non life threatening lymphoma. In short, when her immune system was compromised, mrsa became a real bad problem.

Regardless, glad you have a new doctor. Mom celebrated her 74th yesterday. She wouldn't have made it past 72 w/o the next doc.

A spammer/bot bumped this old thread with an advertisement (not to mention inaccurate information).

Thanks, noryn. It IS inaccurate, by the way.

As to my condition, this week we'll be determining if/when I need some sort of flap. I've done everything known to man to cure this wound, and as of now, I have no active infection, the osteo is under control an the surgery for the fistula did its job and I'm all closed. But the wound is progressing so slowly, it is closing but not to my liking. Cabin-fever has really been effing with me, not to mention a host of other issues.
    vgrafen

My book, 'Scouring the globe for a cure: a disabled man's experiences with stem cell treatment' is available at Booklocker at the following address:

www.booklocker.com/books/2857.html

A percentage of every sale goes to CareCure.