View Poll Results: Where was your first pressure sore located?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heel/Foot

37 22.84%
  • Ankle

8 4.94%
  • Knee

1 0.62%
  • Ischium

22 13.58%
  • Sacrum

39 24.07%
  • Trochanter/Hip

6 3.70%
  • Shoulder/Upper Back

3 1.85%
  • Elbow

6 3.70%
  • Other (please post)

8 4.94%
  • Haven't had one yet

32 19.75%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Where was your first pressure sore located?

When hospitalized (1992) I had a pressure sore on my butt right at the top of my butt crack. This left a flap-like scar over the top of my butt crack. Also, I have a patch of hair missing from my head, which I assumed was from a pressure sore.
    "Like water which can clearly mirror the sky and the trees only so long as its surface is undisturbed, the mind can only reflect the true image of the Self when it is tranquil and wholly relaxed." Indra Devi, 1963

Since I do not have a lot of memory about my hospitalization either because of the horror of it all or because of Rx that I was given, I can only guess where my first pressure sore was located. I think it was on my butt. At least this is the pressure sore that took the longest to heal as it was still being packed and dressed after I left the hospital. So, thanks for asking...
    "Like water which can clearly mirror the sky and the trees only so long as its surface is undisturbed, the mind can only reflect the true image of the Self when it is tranquil and wholly relaxed." Indra Devi, 1963

Quote Originally Posted by keps
    How can your left leg go numb if you have a T7 complete injury?

Its my nerve pain that have its not that i can "feel" it going numb thats just the only way that i can explain how it feels. i understand its not easy to understand but also hard to explain..
    T-7 Complete
    "If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    I can't speak for Megan, but I'm T7 complete and there are definitely times when I can't feel my leg, even though I can't really feel my leg in the first place! Maybe there is some core sensation there, deep in the tissue, and when it's not there my brain notices the difference. All I know is that when my leg is positioned a certain way, it will eventually feel like it is missing.

I get that a lot and sometimes when i am laying in bed my legs feel like they are moving its like this phantom pain i guess. really freaky!!
    T-7 Complete
    "If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

Quote Originally Posted by keps
    Show off.
    .....haha.

i dunno how to explain the feeling either but i'm c/6/7 and my left will feel like it's asleep for days sometimes. it gets this buzzing feeling, different than the usual neuro buzz plus it won't spazz up like usual. like it's just dead.

1st Pressure sore

The 1st one was located on the outside on bottom of foot.
    Aggie Mom 2007