View Poll Results: Where was your first pressure sore located?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heel/Foot

    37 22.84%
  • Ankle

    8 4.94%
  • Knee

    1 0.62%
  • Ischium

    22 13.58%
  • Sacrum

    39 24.07%
  • Trochanter/Hip

    6 3.70%
  • Shoulder/Upper Back

    3 1.85%
  • Elbow

    6 3.70%
  • Other (please post)

    8 4.94%
  • Haven't had one yet

    32 19.75%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 57

Thread: Where was your first pressure sore located?

  1. #31
    i am t7 complete no feeling no movement and sometimes my butt burns and my left leg goes numb. But i am 9 months post and haven't had anything pressure sores...thank god. i move around a lot and an always changing positions..and as well bending down and things.
    T-7 Complete
    "If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

  2. #32
    Senior Member jessie.gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    784
    The first pressure sore I ever got was just below my knee, and it was because my AFO's were too tight on my calf and I didn't realize it until I had a sore. Any other sores I have got have been on the backs of my thighs (stage 2) and one on my butt (stage 1).

    Jessie

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronykc
    i've had mine for over 2 weeks now - coccyx
    omg it took u guys soooooo long to heal im going crazy staying home tryin to heal it
    a questuon, what is the best way to treat a pressure sore? as in what creams to use? how to dress it?
    One other thing I had to do in this situation was get plenty of protein. I was 120 pounds and real weak at the worst. I tell you this just to let you know these sores are nothing to fool with and you need to get it checked out as soon as you can.

    Oh by the way now that I am back I weigh 190+ pounds.
    T6 complete

  4. #34
    My first pressure sore was anomalous, from TED hose of all things. The band at the top of the hose was too tight and I left them on for a couple days. I had a perfect ring around my leg, just below the knee. Stage one, didn't really have to do much other than leave it alone for a couple weeks, and not wear hose of course.

  5. #35
    Senior Member keps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    My first pressure sore was anomalous, from TED hose of all things. The band at the top of the hose was too tight and I left them on for a couple days. I had a perfect ring around my leg, just below the knee. Stage one, didn't really have to do much other than leave it alone for a couple weeks, and not wear hose of course.
    Hah, my first sore was from Teds too. They must have had a crease on the top of my foot, as I got a small sore on the top of my foot (where the foot meets the leg). I dunno what stage, but it bled, so more than a Stage I I'm presuming. That was when I was on bedrest after my injury, and it healed quickly (small scar there now), so I never saw it when it was at its worst.

  6. #36
    tailbone-also from hospital. while waiting to have surgery. I was already knocked out, down to 88 lbs. and laying on a hard gurney while the Dr.'s thought that to be the best time to discuss what they needed to do!

  7. #37
    Senior Member keps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Seenkid101
    i am t7 complete no feeling no movement and sometimes my butt burns and my left leg goes numb. But i am 9 months post and haven't had anything pressure sores...thank god. i move around a lot and an always changing positions..and as well bending down and things.
    How can your left leg go numb if you have a T7 complete injury?

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by keps
    How can your left leg go numb if you have a T7 complete injury?
    I can't speak for Megan, but I'm T7 complete and there are definitely times when I can't feel my leg, even though I can't really feel my leg in the first place! Maybe there is some core sensation there, deep in the tissue, and when it's not there my brain notices the difference. All I know is that when my leg is positioned a certain way, it will eventually feel like it is missing.

  9. #39
    Senior Member keps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    I can't speak for Megan, but I'm T7 complete and there are definitely times when I can't feel my leg, even though I can't really feel my leg in the first place! Maybe there is some core sensation there, deep in the tissue, and when it's not there my brain notices the difference. All I know is that when my leg is positioned a certain way, it will eventually feel like it is missing.
    I wasn't doubting, I was just curious, as it's not something I experience myself. Thanks for explaining.

  10. #40
    Senior Member michaelm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    montville nj usa
    Posts
    1,144
    Upper right back/shoulder due to a halo shell.

Similar Threads

  1. No bed rest for pressure sores!??!
    By lynnifer in forum Care
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 10:44 AM
  2. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 10:21 AM
  3. Dr. Young or SCI nurses,
    By cathy j in forum Care
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-03-2006, 10:29 AM
  4. PRESSURE SORE: left buttock
    By em in forum Care
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-13-2005, 07:11 PM
  5. Pressure Sore Treatment
    By martha in forum Care
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-04-2001, 02:44 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •