Thread: AttendantNetwork.org (Texas)

AttendantNetwork.org (Texas)

Attendant Network

The Attendant Network is a registry that helps to connect personal attendants with people needing attendant services. If you're seeking employment as a personal attendant, or if you're in search of a qualified attendant to hire, sign up now and begin your search.

Find Employment & Attendants in Texas:
    Austin
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    El Paso
    Houston
    San Antonio

http://www.attendantnetwork.org/attnet/index.jsp

Thanks for the post. I'm looking this very thing, but for a trip to Chicago. Hopefully there is a site I'll find for that area.

Attendant Website

Thank you Mona on wheels for posting the website. We had our first visit with Evercare service coor. and this lady was completely not very knowledgeable of answering most of my questions concerning attendant care for my daughter. She said we would have to set up an account with a home health agency and they would come in and interview again for the same thing she basically had me fill out today. I have already signed up with DADS services 2007 and it seems we are doing the same thing over with Evercare services? I guess I'm going to have to call the people in Austin about what has seemed to be a waste of time trying to get services since Dec 2007 for my daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mona~on~wheels
    Attendant Network

The Attendant Network is a registry that helps to connect personal attendants with people needing attendant services. If you're seeking employment as a personal attendant, or if you're in search of a qualified attendant to hire, sign up now and begin your search.

Find Employment & Attendants in Texas:
    Austin
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    El Paso
    Houston
    San Antonio

http://www.attendantnetwork.org/attnet/index.jsp
    Aggie Mom 2007

You're both welcome.

I hope you find care for your trip JMiller.

jhorn I'm with EverCare too.
    My 1st coordinator was like yours "clueless."
    The one I have now is really good!
    We were with Human Resources in 2007.
    But we switched to EverCare in Jan 2008.
    I guess that's why the duplication.
    Have you got a Health Care Agency to accept your daughter's care?

What program is she on?
    I'm on CBA Community Based Alternative.

Evercare Service

I have signed up my daughter with DADS in 2007 and three different times in 2008 for the same services Long Term Services and Support and In Home Family Support. You think they would check their files on my daughter’s case, but I guess that would be asking too much. So yesterday we had Evercare service coor. sign my daughter up basically for same thing as DADS and added her to CBA Program, I would have to work with Angel Care Health Services Agency (which was agency I picked per Baylor’s suggestion). So now I have to let my contractor know he may/may not be getting the job even though he is providing us with an estimate. Mike Vaughn has been doing ADA work for quite a few years and finished a job here in Mansfield for someone. I’m not sure if I want to go through Angel Care (a nursing agency that hires out attendants/Nurses??) to have them send me out someone that doesn’t know what if anything about in home modification. I don’t need someone from their agency coming out and telling me what other DME I need I already have that in place with a local vendor in Dallas that works with patients at Baylor. But, it sure would be nice if I could get my daughter in a shower and have some place where she can pull up at a sink and do her own things she needs to do of a morning to get ready to go to class. She’s already adapted to putting on her own makeup with a little bit of my assistance. Her OT person from Baylor made her a makeup board that she has worked with and likes. I guess I’m going to be making another phone conference call to the people in Austin that are the watchdogs of their services being offered in Tarrant County, ie. DADS, Medicaid, Evercare. Thanks again for attendant website. Maybe the attendant I picked can be worked into Evercare/DADS program.

Quote Originally Posted by Mona~on~wheels
    You're both welcome.
    I hope you find care for your trip JMiller.

jhorn I'm with EverCare too.
    My 1st coordinator was like yours "clueless."
    The one I have now is really good!
    We were with Human Resources in 2007.
    But we switched to EverCare in Jan 2008.
    I guess that's why the duplication.
    Have you got a Health Care Agency to accept your daughter's care?

What program is she on?
    I'm on CBA Community Based Alternative.
    Aggie Mom 2007

I hope you get the remodeling for your daughter.
    Maybe if you told them you have a quote already they'd work with him.
    But let me start by telling you about CDS Consumer Directed Services.
    I just got on it.
    It allows you to pick your own attendants, and hire & fire them.
    You decide how her money is spent for her attendants.
    That way you don't have to use your Home Health Care Agency's staff.
    You are your daughter are the employer.
    I hope this helps.

Here's a link that tells all about it.

http://www.dads.state.tx.us/providers/CDS/9000CBA.pdf

http://www.dads.state.tx.us/providers/CDS/cba_phc.html

Another thing I found out about Evercare, a parent can become a paid caregiver for a member in the family that is classified as disabled. That family caregiver doesn't have to take any classes to become a paid caregiver. Yes, the service coor. mentioned the CDS program and being your own employer for my daughter's attendant needs. She will need this if she ever moves to Austin and starts the program that Project Walk or Roll to Walk (Keith-Ann) is going to be opening a facility in Austin 2009.
    Aggie Mom 2007