Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Accessible Fishing Docks

Plenty of accessible piers in Florida.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF WATER AND FIBER

Like some other I just saw this, well here it's not really to good. if you find a place to go it's usually moss covered. And I've found at local lakes if you can get to the water, it's so shallow ....... I go to the pond out back!

We have alot of accessible fishing docks in Texas.
    This was our favorite

Well until hurricane Ike
    - Moody

Rats Moody....need to get your hammer and tin of nails out and get busy puttn her back together!... seriously, damn shame your spot got ruined . I sure wish another place works out for you..The lakes that have a pier here put them in not so good spots. I hate having to "accept" where I can go fishing. really need to figger out this boat thing. I want to get back out where I can catch the fish I wanna catch, not whats swimming around the dock in 3 ft of water.

Quote Originally Posted by duge View Post
    Like some other I just saw this, well here it's not really to good. if you find a place to go it's usually moss covered. And I've found at local lakes if you can get to the water, it's so shallow ....... I go to the pond out back!
    Hey duge,
    Are there any paylakes where you are? There's a bunch around here and that's where I go. It"s monster catfish catch/release, but they have jackpots you can win, makes it interesting.

arizona has many - deadhorse st. park near me come to mind. just check the AZ game & fish site for info. steve.

Does anybody from Iowa no of any fishing doc's or piers that are hc accessable. I'm in central Iowa and there is a nice pier at Otter Creek Park that is all cement in Tama County. Trying to find others to fish and I'm in a power chair. Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by scott 06 View Post
    [Does anybody from Iowa no of any fishing doc's or piers that are hc accessable. I'm in central Iowa and there is a nice pier at Otter Creek Park that is all cement in Tama County. Trying to find others to fish and I'm in a power chair. I wish there was more places in my area to go fishing, maybe there is and I just don't know them yet. Thanks for any help.
    Have you called the state Centers For Independent Living or Parks and Recreation? And hope you don't mind me deleting your other post as they're the same basically.

Seems it's State Parks in Iowa. A quick search came up with this place.

http://www.iowadnr.gov/parks/state_park_list/beeds.html Try calling there number and asking if they have a list or better website to find these places.
    Last edited by Sue Pendleton; 05-16-2009 at 11:34 PM.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCO View Post
    Hey duge,
    Are there any paylakes where you are? There's a bunch around here and that's where I go. It"s monster catfish catch/release, but they have jackpots you can win, makes it interesting.
    Are you anywhere near Lake Michigan? I know a few states chapters of NSCIA and the DAV have boat trips out to fish. Might check if there's a dock up there too. No joke, you can even eat a fish or two a year without dying of toxic fish syndrome. Yea, when I was a kid we went down to Zion State Park in Illinois and the biggies there then were the dunes and the afternoon dead fish washing up onto the shore.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by monkster View Post
    Plenty of accessible piers in Florida.
    There are lots of acessible floating docks on the Swannee river. Some pretty good fishing.

Monkster,Like your avator. Go gators.