Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Accessible Fishing Docks

There are a couple of accessible docks on the Uncompahgre River here in Montrose, Colorado. One at River bottom park and the other at Pa-Co-Chu-Puc park on the way to Ridgeway, Colorado

http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/openoutdoors/

For accessible cabins, fishing docks, free adaptable kayaks, cross country sitskis, beach wheelchairs and boat landings in the State Parks of Wisconsin. There are also links for applying for access to hunting areas by those who need to use a motor powered vehicle.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Blog Entries
    Oregon update -
    Quote Originally Posted by webfoot View Post
    Oregon has many accessible docks. Here is a link to a pretty good list of accessible docks in Oregon.
    http://www.dfw.state.or.us/swwd/access.pdf
    Previous link no longer active. New link below:

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/resources...ocs/access.pdf

The link above is broken. I think the site may be down.
    It would be nice if someone would put together a list of accessible fishing docks in every state. I know it would be some work, but I think there's plenty of people that could benefit from it.

SW Colorado---chair user from nerve disorder
    I live near Durango Colorado and there are several places with accessible fishing docks. One is Andrews Lake near Molas Pass, I think there are two docks but maybe it's three. Then there is one on Haviland Lake but the sidewalk to it is almost too narrow to be considered accessible. Down in Northern New Mexico below Navajo Dam is the famed "Texas Hole" and it has 5 or maybe 6 wheelchair fishing docks, as well as close in disabled parking.
    49 year old female
    married
    chair user since 2009 from a neurological disorder