Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "New" chair -- Lasher Sport BT-Mg

Quote Originally Posted by november
    14" width!?!

What is the widest part of your hips or thighs measure to allow you to squeeze into that?
    My pelvis is actually kind of wide, but I have no fat, so I can still fit.

Don't tell any of the PTs, but when I wear jeans I touch both side guards. The carbon fiber is flexible and bends out if I put too much pressure against it, so that prevents excessive pressure on my hips. If it becomes a problem, I'll space the side guards out a little more.

My main problem is my pelvis is not straight so I hit the right side guard much more than the left. Even in my 16" chair I occasionally found myself pressed against the right side guard with a large gap on the left. I'm sure there is a cushion out there to straighten me out, but haven't found it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyMearig
    My pelvis is actually kind of wide, but I have no fat, so I can still fit.

Don't tell any of the PTs, but when I wear jeans I touch both side guards. The carbon fiber is flexible and bends out if I put too much pressure against it, so that prevents excessive pressure on my hips. If it becomes a problem, I'll space the side guards out a little more.

My main problem is my pelvis is not straight so I hit the right side guard much more than the left. Even in my 16" chair I occasionally found myself pressed against the right side guard with a large gap on the left. I'm sure there is a cushion out there to straighten me out, but haven't found it yet.
    Have you tried the Roho Nexus Spirit. It has great pelvis positioning.
    http://www.rohoinc.com/products/seat...it_cushion.jsp

http://www.sportaid.com/product.php?...-NS&mode=build

Not sure why the Roho site doesn't list all the sizes available. If interested I would call and see what dimensions they have and some are 1.5" longer to accomodate the hard backs and losing depth. Anyways I've used one for 5+ yrs and had no skin issues because the air cells in the back. I rarely ever have pumped it up, it stays filled. I actually probably overfill it to be safe and it has never bottomed out. I'm thin too, no redness using it.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

That's actually the cushion I've been using since I first left rehab. This one is 14 x 16 (not listed on roho's site). It might be a little longer, but I'm about 6' tall, so the extra length is ok. The 18" chair was too long though, always pushing against my legs, and I actually cut it back and bought a shorter cushion after a few years.

I think the ride designs custom cushion may be what I need. My left butt cheek sinks way down, while the right doesn't, so I may need a custom cushion that will compensate.

Do you have a stiff seatpan?
    Had the samne issue untill I got one.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyMearig
    That's actually the cushion I've been using since I first left rehab. This one is 14 x 16 (not listed on roho's site). It might be a little longer, but I'm about 6' tall, so the extra length is ok. The 18" chair was too long though, always pushing against my legs, and I actually cut it back and bought a shorter cushion after a few years.

I think the ride designs custom cushion may be what I need. My left butt cheek sinks way down, while the right doesn't, so I may need a custom cushion that will compensate.
    Hey, I tried!

Would you actually measure your 14x16 Nexus and give me exact measurements? Please.

My new chair will probably be 15x16 but I'm curious on actual cushion measurements. My 16x18 cushion measures 16x19.5. This chair also rubs behind my knees, no clearance at all. Just don't want 16 to be too short in a wc depth or cushion depth.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR
    If you loosen the footrest and the camber tube clamps, you should be able to reshape the frame to correct a floating caster. See the TiLite rigid owner's manual for specifics.
    I don't believe lasher chairs have camber tube clamps. They're basically all one welded piece. I've been rolling a Lasher BT Tribal for about a year and a half now. I seem to have the same issue with mine. You can plainly see when not in the chair that the front left castor is not the same height as the right one. The left sits slightly off of the ground. When I'm in the chair it seems as though my weight pushes it down though so I haven't had any complaints. I love my Lasher chair and am planning on getting another one once this one wears out. You can't beat the customization options that Bill offers. I went with a two tone green/gold anodization, carbon fiber foot plate and custom embroidery on the backrest.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    too cool
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Joey, where do you get the skateboard grip tape, I need some of that stuff for my footrests.

Any skateboard shop will have rolls of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Patonb
    Any skateboard shop will have rolls of it.
    and if you show them your footplate, they'll probably have a scrap piece that will fit for free.