Thread: Please Help!!! Attention PENNSYLVANIA Residents

Please Help!!! Attention PENNSYLVANIA Residents

Hi everyone,

Now I’ve never posted in the Care Forum but I have been a reader/member for several years. I’m writing because myself and other disabled Pennsylvanians need your help. I was contacted today by the agency I use for home health aides. They told me that the Dept of Labor is discussing on eliminating ALL the state agencies to form one State run agency. By doing this, it would cut back on the rights that the individual has in his/her own care. Also another proposition in this new State agency would be to no longer allow employment of family member as a caretaker/aide. It falls under the title of PA Quality Home Care Commission.

If you could, I’m begging could you take a minute and email Governor Rendell and several of the State Representatives. I’m even posting their emails so no one needs to look them up. I’d greatly appreciate any of your effort you spare for a few minutes. I’ll even put a short note that you can just copy and paste. Thanks…Jay

Dear Mr. Governor/State Representative,

I am writing about a concern I have with the PA Quality Home Care Commission. This newly proposed idea will greatly hamper and put the quality care of the state’s residents in jeopardy. By creating one large State agency, it would take away the rights that allow them the choices of whom to hire, how to manage his/her care along with other issues. Also by eliminating family members as possible caregivers/aides, it removes the most responsible and caring people that residents can use and rely upon while trying to live with a disability. Please take the time to consider how another large, state agency can have adverse effects on those who rely upon the care that is already being provided by the State. Thank you…….

governor@state.pa.us, geverett@pahousegop.com, scappell@pahousegop.com, rfairchi@pahousegop.com
    Today is one day closer to The Cure

why on earth would they want to take away paying family members? It is working well here in Florida. I'm sure it cuts costs of Medicare/Medicaid paying for ppl to stay in nursing homes. You should bring this up also.

I sent an e-mail to all of them.
    Cindy Waters
    mom to Anthony, right c5, left c4 (24yo)
    injury march 2003

I got that in the mail this past week. I did my part. You look like Hines Ward on the Pittsburgh Steelers.

I think Pennsylvania is one of the states implementing a pilot “Cash and Counseling” Medicaid program that provide money directly to the beneficiaries giving them direct control over how the money is spent.

Im going to try to do my part right now.
    “You need to take care of yourself first. If you don't care for yourself, you can't take care of someone else.”

it's sad. rendell is so mafia it's sick. i was watching the farm show on pcn and he cut in front of a bunch of people in the food court and ordered 8 hamburgers and didn't pay for them. maybe he had someone that was with him do it but still!

yeah, i hate rendell. i'm e-mailing like a spammer now. thanks for the heads up!
    Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
    http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
    My regular blog:
    http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by lincolnn
    I think Pennsylvania is one of the states implementing a pilot “Cash and Counseling” Medicaid program that provide money directly to the beneficiaries giving them direct control over how the money is spent.

Im going to try to do my part right now.
    Yes that is what we have here in Florida. They provide Anthony with a monthly budget and he can pay whom he wants. And that is me (mom). It helps alot.
    Cindy Waters
    mom to Anthony, right c5, left c4 (24yo)
    injury march 2003

Thank you for letting us know. I didn't recieve anything in the mail. I will be sending my e-mails.
    For every minute you're angry you lose a second of happiness

In Norway family members can't be employed as PA. I wanted my daughter to work for me, she was 20 and in nursing school, but they did not let her. But they pay parents as caregivers so they can stay home with the child under 18.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Thumbs up

done
    and in the end it's not the years in your life that count it's the life in your years. abraham lincoln

I sent my emails.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis