Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cushions the car?

Cushions the car?

My husband is looking for a good cushion to use while driving long distances to rehab each week. Any recommendations?

His wheelchair cushion unless it makes him too tall. If so, a low profile Roho might be the next best. Is he driving all the way to Enroe?

(KLD)

I went to an upholstery shop and had them install memory foam into the seat for less than $100.00

Dave
    Dave

I sit on my hands, with them under my hips I can weight shift. I then also check for wrinkles in my clothes.
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by SoulScream
    I sit on my hands, with them under my hips I can weight shift. I then also check for wrinkles in my clothes.

i must be missing something - how do you drive while sitting on your hands?!?!?!?

OP - i use a roho low profile in my car (accord) and a roho countour in my van. the contour keeps my legs in place given the much more upritght seating position in the van, where they tend to shear from side to side badly when turning.

gl

dale

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse
    His wheelchair cushion unless it makes him too tall. If so, a low profile Roho might be the next best. Is he driving all the way to Enroe?

(KLD)
    He's actually driving to Pleasanton to SCI-Fit. It's kind of a knock off of Project-Walk in San Diego. Pleasanton is only about 3 hours away but he is terrified of pressure sores and plans on pulling over every hour to do a weight shift.

He can't use his wheelchair cushion because he's already in the truck when he takes the thing apart. I don't think he could slide it under his butt.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulScream
    Ha ha ha! How does he do that if he's driving? I know what you mean though. He does use his hands to do it but he is concerned with the long distance and wants something cushy for his butt.

i use a pad called chicken fat cost 40.00 got it from seating clinic at shepards
    i have it under my seat so i can transfer

Quote Originally Posted by Herco16
    I went to an upholstery shop and had them install memory foam into the seat for less than $100.00

Dave
    That's a good idea, Dave! Way cheaper than a new cushion. So did they actually put it in your upholstry?

Quote Originally Posted by Daleb

i must be missing something - how do you drive while sitting on your hands?!?!?!?

OP - i use a roho low profile in my car (accord) and a roho countour in my van. the contour keeps my legs in place given the much more upritght seating position in the van, where they tend to shear from side to side badly when turning.

gl

dale
    Thanks Dale for the info. I didnt realize they have contour cushions. Mike's left leg likes to get stuck under the hand control bar and keeps getting scratched up (I can also imagine how dangerous that may be if it prevents him from braking too), so something to keep his place would be great. Does roho have a website?
    Jen