Thread: Nancy Reagan as caregiver

Nancy Reagan as caregiver

I lifted this from a segment in another post in the Cure forum, regarding Nancy Reagan:

Her reclusive, unswerving devotion to her husband has mollified her detractors. Once Mr. Reagan fell ill, Mrs. Reagan stopped going to parties. She now rarely leaves her Bel Air mansion and allows no visitors. Mrs. Reagan told Mr. Wallace that her life was lonely.
    "Because really, you know, when you come right down to it, you're in it alone. And there's nothing that anybody can do for you."

http://carecure.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16609

The topic is about her quiet support of stem cell research, but i thought the above insight was remarkable and relevant.

I think she must have some help

It is extremely hard to care for person with Altzeimer alone

==============================
    "It was once written "To thine own self be true". But how do we know who we really are? Every man must confront the monster within himself, if he is ever to find peace without. .." Outer Limits(Monster)

Of course she has help, Max. What she means is that for a caregiver spouse, or parent, or child, that you are in it alone; no amount of help can replace the heartrending feelings of seeing a loved one with a disability or Alzheimers.