Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motivation..

Motivation..

what motivates you to get up and do what you do??

I ask this cause I'm lacking in that department.
    Last edited by ~McLovin~; 08-19-2008 at 09:41 PM.
    The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

An idle mind is the devil's playground. Set some goals to make yourself a better person, and then follow through.

man forget i even started this thread. i know what i need to do...sheeesh! taking up space!
    Last edited by ~McLovin~; 08-19-2008 at 10:09 PM.
    The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

I do not want this thread to be forgotten, McLovin! I am with you, babe!! I have lost my motivation, due to pain. I know what I need to do. I just can't seem to get myself going. There are days when I only want to stay in bed. Maybe someone can give us the proper kick in the butt sort of motivation?

I agree that the more you're idle, the more you want to stay there and start feeling useless. Find something you enjoy, or want to accomplish, and set to getting it done. It can be as simple as getting groceries, or getting a degree.

I like working with kids, so I volunteer as a camp counselor and do disability awareness talks to school. I'm also working toward my next degree and running my own business.

All this gets to be too much several days, but if it keeps you motivated to keep going, then it works.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

In April I was laying in bed waiting to die. One day I decided I needed to set a goal that was too big to accomplish in business it's called a BHAG --a big hairy audatious goal -- in order to kick my own butt. Out of no where I decided I would participate in a marathon to raise money for SCI research. I announced it to a bunch of ppl -- too many to back away from the goal. Ever since I've built momentum toward my goal. I have a team of marathoners, I've found a racing chair, learning how to use it and conditioning regularly.

So, personal advice, set a goal bigger than you think you can accomplish and then go for it. It's the journey that counts... Hope this helps.

BTW... wanna pledge?
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by JenJen
    In April I was laying in bed waiting to die. One day I decided I needed to set a goal that was too big to accomplish in business it's called a BHAG --a big hairy audatious goal -- in order to kick my own butt. Out of no where I decided I would participate in a marathon to raise money for SCI research. I announced it to a bunch of ppl -- too many to back away from the goal. Ever since I've built momentum toward my goal. I have a team of marathoners, I've found a racing chair, learning how to use it and conditioning regularly.

So, personal advice, set a goal bigger than you think you can accomplish and then go for it. It's the journey that counts... Hope this helps.

BTW... wanna pledge?
    Best advice you'll get.

I wallow without goals.
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

walking is the only thing but lately its been frustrating....

UTI, bladder infection, cold. I just cant seem to get a month straight of walking without terrible 'something is wrong with my body' type spasms...since May.

My kids and the fact that if I do not go to work they will fire me. Lovely existance I know.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

To contribute something and enjoy the ride while still here.

There's a couple of sayings that I read every day and try to employ:

1. Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds ~ Albert Eistein

2. Do something that scares (challenges) you every day ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

3. Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. Attitude is everything ~ Charles Swindol

Onward & Upward,

Chris