Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Colostomy PROS AND CONS

Colostomy PROS AND CONS

What can I do to go without a pouch at all times? Im reeeeeaaaallllyyyy considering one.. I would only like to wear a ban-aid at ALL times.. I can just irrigate? Im new to this.. Will stool come out and I won't feel it? WILL I STILL KNOW WHEN I HAVE TO GO? WHO CAN I TALK TOO?
    Last edited by MADPRODUCER; 08-19-2008 at 03:28 AM.

Ace???

Yeah try searching "ace" "mace" "malone procedure" on CC and Google.
    Last edited by november; 08-19-2008 at 05:32 AM.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

i was also considering one after spending MORE THAN AN HOUR on the stupid toilet! I read a great thread once on the topic. I'll look for it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MADPRODUCER
    What can I do to go without a pouch at all times? Im reeeeeaaaallllyyyy considering one.. I would only like to wear a ban-aid at ALL times.. I can just irrigate? Im new to this.. Will stool come out and I won't feel it? WILL I STILL KNOW WHEN I HAVE TO GO? WHO CAN I TALK TOO?

i am a quad c6c7 i love it freedom i can change my own pouch. it goes when it wants to. i always care supplies so i ca change it. it great

You might want to go to www.uoaa.org. This is the Ostomy Association's website and they have discussion boards that tons of people could help you with experience with irrigating and stuff like that. I have an ileostomy and can't go without a pouch, so can't help you there.

Jessie

thanks

mimin and vj.

I would like to wear a ban-aid.

jessie-gray i will check the board out.

mimin and vj.

I would like to wear a ban-aid.

jessie-gray i will check the board out.
    Which is why I suggested looking into the procedure I posted.
    No bag that I'm aware of.

Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

You had it done? Thought you was straight that way.. Thought you was talking about something else. Checking it. LMK if you find something!!

You had it done? Thought you was straight that way.. Thought you was talking about something else. Checking it. LMK if you find something!!
    No I don't have it, but know others who have.
    It's sometimes done with the mitrofanoff (bladder surgery I do have) and then it's called MACE, but can be done individually. Even Wikipedia has some info on it. Seriously just search the web.

ETA I guess it's not really popular and is usually done on children with spina bifida. Regardless this is the only thing that I've heard of like you described.
    Last edited by november; 08-19-2008 at 09:52 PM.