Thread: UTI...not so many symptoms

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

UTI...not so many symptoms

i can usually tell when i have a uti brewing. just from not feeling right, more pain/spasms and stinking pee.

i don't wanna overuse antibiotics anymore than i have to but can certain sci's have a uti without having all the symptoms such as fever maybe?

i've had a suprapubic for about 6 yrs now. my urologist just did a scan for stones about 4 months ago and that was clean. i'm just not feeling right and my pee smells like something crawled up in me and died. is a fever ABSOLUTELY necessary to have a full blown uti?

If all you have is stinky pee, then it usually should not be treated. Go ahead and get a urine culture and sensitivity "cooking" though so if you do get a fever, AD, leaking, severe malaise, etc. they know what to treat.

Push fluids...at least 3.5 quarts of water daily.

(KLD)

Hope you feel better soon, rollin.

I'm curious - when people talk about stinky pee, what does the pee smell like?
    I mean, I've had bad-smelling pee, but it only smells like really strong urine. Does uti pee smell of something else?

thanks kld. i'll get a culture done, i'm also gonna try some cranberry juice.

keps-my urine smells sorta like pee thats been sitting in bag all day in the hot sun, lol.

I've been there buddy. It just pure sucks.Its like you don't even wanna go out because it smells like you've been sitting in week old pee pee pants.

As for the smell, I've heard Clhorophyl(msp?) tablets help. I have'nt tried them though.

It does sound like something is brewing though w/ your increased spasms and all. I'm w/ the nurse, go ahead and get a culture so when the good 'ole fever hits you you can beat it quicker.

Gell well...

I love you Honey Bunny stinky pee and all.............BUT you better start drinking that cranberry juice I bought you......