Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: seeking others w/ CENTRAL CORD SYNDROME

Central California/ (the Republican side :)
    Henare welcome to CureCare and also this special group. I hope you have many questions that we can help you with and I look forward to getting to know you better along the way.

Revis-so proud to see you skiing and loving it!!! So Awesome! Keep up the good work.

Evonne
    I have a spinal cord injury...a spinal cord injury DOES NOT have me!

walking quad-Central Cord Syndrome

Banned
    thanks guys, yous have been more help than my Doctor. I was just wondering, when I work out be it weight training or cardio I am sweating and the weather is warm also but it feels like i'm cold and I have goose bumps and everything, is it just me?

I frequently have issues with hot and cold. I sometimes will sweat excessively with even slight exertion. Also, when I get cold, it takes forever for me to warm up. Therapists and doctors don't put much credence in this being related to my CCS, but I know it is. On my chest area, I have spots that do not feel hot/cold and some that do. Instinctively, I just know that it is related to my CCS.

On another note, please keep me in your thoughts/prayers. I am on total disability now after working for 10 years post injury. Also just got divorced. It's a double whammy that has me worried about my future.

[QUOTE=jeffrx;1672500 Therapists and doctors don't put much credence in this being related to my CCS, but I know it is. On my chest area, I have spots that do not feel hot/cold and some that do. Instinctively, I just know that it is related to my CCS.

On another note, please keep me in your thoughts/prayers. I am on total disability now after working for 10 years post injury. Also just got divorced. It's a double whammy that has me worried about my future.[/QUOTE]

Any doc that is really familiar with CCS and SCI should know that one's ability to thermo-regulate is affected greatly by both. For each person it is different. I do best in temps that are between 60 and 80 degrees with sunshine and dry. Living in N. ID that means July. Hah! My feet and hands can really get cold, but as soon as I'm in a hot room I have burning in my right leg and upper arms. Clammy cold can cause me to freeze up and barely move. When temps get above 90 I feel like I'm on fire. Thank God Hanare that you can sweat. You may need to bundle up more when you work out. When I do my daily walk in the cold I always have on more clothes than others. Sorry to hear about your life challenges, Jeffrx. Indeed, will pray for you. Sounds rough.
    CCS/Walking Quad

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrx View Post
    I frequently have issues with hot and cold. I sometimes will sweat excessively with even slight exertion. Also, when I get cold, it takes forever for me to warm up. Therapists and doctors don't put much credence in this being related to my CCS, but I know it is. On my chest area, I have spots that do not feel hot/cold and some that do. Instinctively, I just know that it is related to my CCS.

On another note, please keep me in your thoughts/prayers. I am on total disability now after working for 10 years post injury. Also just got divorced. It's a double whammy that has me worried about my future.
    I too have issues with hot and cold. I am not able to regulate my body tempture. If the room temperature is freezing then I'm freezing and vice versa.

Jeffrx u will b in my thoughts and prayers. Sorry to hear about your job and the divorce. I wish u the best of luck

Evonne

Wow Jeffrx so sorry to hear about that whammy! You are in my thoughts and prayers absolutely.

I am hot in cold in odd ways. I think most of you know about the burning nerve pain I whine about in the summer. I do still suffer with the cold, but it's a more manageable suffer. My doctor and I don't often talk about my temp regulation. It just is there and is what it is. I do still sweat, but I sweat much less than I did before. I also notice different body parts can be different temperatures...a true pleasure at bed time. I sleep alone, my husband and I are both ok with that. I also sleep in fits and snatches. A little here, a little there.
    CCS/Walker C6...it's a long story

Happy belated Cinco de Mayo my CCS family!

I hope you all are well, I'm thinking of you even if we don't always communicate much on here.

I challenged myself with tamale making last week. It kind of left me spent but the mountain felt so good when I was on top of it! I did 116 of them and they were well received.

Quote Originally Posted by lavenderthistle View Post
    Happy belated Cinco de Mayo my CCS family!

I hope you all are well, I'm thinking of you even if we don't always communicate much on here.

I challenged myself with tamale making last week. It kind of left me spent but the mountain felt so good when I was on top of it! I did 116 of them and they were well received.
    There is no better food than homemade tamales!

Well, I still have someone so how about you do a popover and visit for some tamales! A party is usually such fun.

Yes, things have been quiet on the CCS link as of late. How are all you guys doing in the warm weather? That is if you have warm weather yet. It has been in the high 90's now here in Central California so it's getting pretty hot.

The warm weather does not bother me like the cold temperature so things are going ok so far this summer. The kids will be out of school soon so that will make the summer a lot more fun. We are going on a family cruise to the Bahamas in June so I'm looking forward to that trip.

What about you guys any cool summer plans?

Evonne