Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: seeking others w/ CENTRAL CORD SYNDROME

As long as things stay the same I'm good. I have to keep an eye on the numbness and progression, thus the no nerve block rule, it will continue to worsen as I get older but how bad no one knows. The spurs can grow slowly or quickly, I'm hoping slowly as I'm only 35+6 so that should be a long time left for life to progress.
    CCS/Walker C6...it's a long story

Hello! I am CCS incomplete quad c3-c7...it's been 6 mos after my surgery and I have recovered most of my mobility. I am still suffering from nerve pain and spasticity on my arms, shoulders and mid-body.

Central California/ (the Republican side :)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS Patient View Post
    Hello! I am CCS incomplete quad c3-c7...it's been 6 mos after my surgery and I have recovered most of my mobility. I am still suffering from nerve pain and spasticity on my arms, shoulders and mid-body.
    Welcome to the boards. Glad to hear you've recovered most of your mobility. I did too but suffer from severe nerve pain and spasticity. How are your arms and hands?

Evonne
    I have a spinal cord injury...a spinal cord injury DOES NOT have me!

walking quad-Central Cord Syndrome

Welcome CCS. Both glad and sad that you've found us! Glad we all are here for you and that we support one another. Sad that you find yourself in this predicament.

Feel free to share with us, we are all over the board in abilities. PM us, get to know us.

Hey CCS family! What's up with everyone? Are you all well enough? It's always a strange ride with this stupid injury. I hope none of us fell off our special segway's as we speed through life.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Evonne View Post
    KDL....i take it she's still not back yet?? still have not had any luck finding anyone on the site with central cord....other than one Moderator but our situations r so different.

any more people out there with central cord syndrome???

thanks

Evonne
    I have central cord syndrome as the result of a tackle just over one year ago, I can walk like normal and I can jog but it doesnt feel right, If I walk for too long my left leg fatigues and my left knee starts to hyper extend, I still wake up every morning with bad neck and back pain

Welcome Henare, glad you found us...sad you had to

We are at times a quiet bunch....read through our names, profiles, etc post a question, pm one of us. Though we can be quiet we are helpful.

Banned
    Hi Lav, I jumped on here just to see others stories and how long post injury they are and see if anyone has fully recovered. I have had good recovery and I just started to get back into weight training. My left arm and shoulder are very weak and also my left hand is weak and not very coordinated, lately I found that I've been getting very bad pain in my left shoulder that runs down my bicep and it makes my forearm Itchi. I also get a pain between my shoulder blades that feels like its pushing right through to my chest. I am not on any meds but I think I should be.

try some natural remedies first before jumping to a prescription if you can. I managed mine largely with vitamins and supplements the first year. Gradually as the weather changed I noticed some rather nasty issues developing. I did eventually end up with prescriptions but I still take herbal remedies too with the doctor's approval.

I've gotten back a lot. I go back and forth with function. I do know an ob/gyn/surgeon/triathlete with central cord syndrome. He had his before I had mine, he was already back in surgery and noticed only some finger weakness. He did have issues competing in his first triathalon post injury with the swim. The cold ocean water hit his weaker arm and he started getting the odd spasms I was having. They sap the strength from a muscle rather than increase tone.

His advice and my surgeon's advice was to make sure to do everyday things often, use knives, instead of using a mixer all the time beat some things by hand. Cooking is some of the best hand and arm therapy ever. The triathelete/doctor's take was to even work out unloading the dishwasher...every thing you do is a gain of some type. Working on balance...yoga is great for muscle control.

Welcome to the CCS thread, Henare. Evonne is our resident pro.

This is a unique group in the sci world. It's been a big help to me to be connected with all of you, although lavenderthistle is right, we tend to be quiet. So, don't be afraid to wake us up from time to time with a post. Being new to this game I'm sure you have lots of questions.

Lavenderthistle, that's interesting about your surgeon/triathlete friend. It's hard to believe he has returned to competing. The docs advice to move a lot is good. I think that is part of my problem. Since I work I tend to go to the office and sit too much. Even though I'm motivated to workout (see my posts on the workout thread), I don't think I'm doing enough in the day to make the kind of progress I would like. Regaining stamina is my big challenge.

Just to bring you up to speed, Henare. Like you I take no meds, although there are times I have to take Advil or Aleve. I've been considering Tramadol but haven't called the doc yet. Lack of stamina is my biggest challenge. After that I have parasthesia and dysaesthesia. I can walk, jog a little, and have full use of arms, hands and fingers. The cold makes me stiffen up, especially if it is a wet cold at the end of the day. I have enough overall control that I'm able to ride a road bike. And last Friday I returned to skiing (limited to 8 runs). If I sit up in a hard chair for long all my nerve junk starts screaming. If I walk past 2 miles I feel like I've just finished running 10. Can't complain about all that I can do, but there are times when the junk threatens to overwhelm. Thought you might want to know the latest with me. Thanks.
    CCS/Walking Quad