Page 1 of 36 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: seeking others w/ CENTRAL CORD SYNDROME

Central California/ (the Republican side :)

seeking others w/ CENTRAL CORD SYNDROME

Hey.........just wanted to find and talk to other people that might have Central Cord Syndrome. I have it and would just like to compare notes etc. on certain issues like..........abilaty to walk, upper body stregnth, medications etc.

I realize that all SCI' s are different but i'm still interested.

Thanks,

Evonne

Ask away, C3 central cord, incomplete
    Every day I wake up is a good one

wow......too cool

u r the 1st person i have evr talked to that has CCS.

can u walk......if yes, how well (un-assisted??) I walk with no assistance but have a slight limp, cant jog yet but hopefully someday, i'm working on it. I workout everyday ans try to keep in shape with what muscle groups i can.

noticed u have had yours for a while now.......any changes as time goes on with walking etc?

how is your upper body stregnth?? ( i lost my triceps-my rt hand was pretty affected, had botox injects in my forearm to reduce spasticity so i could open it, still hard to write good & type)

did bowel, bladder & sexual function return for u?? all mine did and 4 this i am truely thankful

anything else u can tell me??

thanks so much

E

Hi Evonne

I have central cord syndrome. My legs came back very quickly (48 hours) and my b&B came back about 2 weeks later, I have bilateral C5, C6 (biceps, deltoid) problems though ...my right is fairly functional and keeps me in a job, but my left shoulder should is wasted and has no movement.

STrange one this central cord syndrome, no 2 injuries the same.

Wink tryin to reach u

Aurelia.......cant seem to reach u via email or a private message. would u mind emailing me or telling me how i can reach u. I assume u r a woman>>?? Would even love to talk via phone if even possible.......i would call u so u wouldnt have phone charges. I am newly injured and as u mentioned "this central cord syndrome is a different beast'' but i would still like to connect with another woman (or man) that has CCS. Iknow no 2 cases r the same and i suppose thats just with all SCI's in general but what would it hurt to compare notes right??? anyway, i will do whatevr u would like (email, private messages or phone) let me know if any work 4 u. Thanks so much 4 responding to the thread

Evonne`
    Last edited by Sue Pendleton; 08-17-2008 at 06:32 PM.
    I have a spinal cord injury...a spinal cord injury DOES NOT have me!

walking quad-Central Cord Syndrome

Hi Evonne

Have emailed you privately.

I have had central cord syndrome for 6 years. It was the result of a hematoma after surgery to fuse ruptured disks. I too regained full use of my legs after a few days. Would love to talk to others- we are the red-headed
    stepchildren of spinal injury patients. I know I'm lucky to be able to walk but life with only about 15% of 1 arm is not easy and getting harder. My right shoulder has subluxed to the point of permanet dislocation and is very painful. Sorry I can't type for very long or I would fill your ears full!

Please lets stay in touch and maybe start a support group on the web for CCS.

thanks 4 the note Jeff............i'll send u a private message

Hi Jeffrx, Yes I have the subluxation on the left shoulder, it seems the muscle wastage with ccsd is pretty severe. Not sure whether my arm is attached to my shoulder or not, it doesnt' feel like it but the lower half is still working so will stay with it for now.

I think if you do a search on "backwards quad" there is more information on ccsd on the boards.

thanks i'll send u a pm

E