Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPod or iTouch?

iPod or iTouch?

Some people consider them to be the same; I want something that will play music and a movie with out a phone add-on. As a quad easy accessibility is a big issue and as a human being the cost is a definite concern.

Does anyone have experiences that may sway my descion?
    Dave H

I examined both the Iphone and the Itouch and to me the only difference was the phone feature. I don't think that the Iphone has Wifi capability but I am not sure. I presently use a Palm Tx and would switch to the Itouch immediately if it had the same available software such as PDF, memo list, and access to Avantgo. Perhaps these features are available, but I did not noticed them. I have always felt that my Palm was the place for my confidential information, many areas can be password protected, and my telephone was to make calls. I keep my Palm in my pocket but tend to leave my phone on my desk after I have completed a call so it is more likely to get lost or stolen.
    mike

Blog Entries

Arrow My Buck two ninetyeight ( alias- biased opinion )

http://tinyurl.com/2wdzuc

I suggest you view the variety of CREATIVE mp3/video players. I've researched all the manufacturers models over time. I am a cost/performance conscious nut myself.
    Spent a couple days last week, again, researching for a friend who was returning an ipod due to the fonts being too small for them to read.

Myself, I have used a 1 GB flash drive type, mp3/radio/recorder for about 3 years now, along with a 1GB Nano knock-off from China, both purchased on ebay for less than 40 bucks. Use them riding handcycle and while driving with an FM transmitter to play thru my truck stereo.
    While I was looking last week, I ALMOST bought the Zen 4GB, realized I don't watch video and would only scratch the screen or worse and had the Mosaic 4 GB in the shopping cart about ready to pay for it and hit up ebay.
    After a lot of looking around, wound up with a pair of like new SkullCandy Lowrider (Macred )headphones and a Creative Muvo V100 player. I just wanted the headphones but am using the player also now. The headphones ROCK, excellent sound and very lightweight. Now I can hear a lot in the music I couldn't previously.

Anyway, hate to bore ya with a long story...oops, too late
    Do yourself a favor, go Creative.
    I didn't like that Ipod either, BTW. It had very good sound though. Just you can't replace the battery, gotta pay 50 bucks and send it to them, lol.
    John

beware of itunes

buy apple if you must but don't expect to put music or vids on the device without buying them through itunes or going through a lot of trouble. the iriver clix series is supposed to be great for both tunes and video. either one is out of my price range right now, and i speak on itunes based on older ipod ownership.

Blog Entries
    That's another BIG reason I wouldn't go Apple.
    I DON'T buy online music if ya know what I mean.

I actually put windoze media player 11 on 2 of my computers here a few days ago and have found it to be better than Itunes which I used to use.
    I didn't like the foler mess it made, wmp11, arranges it in a variety of ways without affecting it on your drive/floders.
    I transfer mine drag n drop.

iTouch is everything iPhone has, except phone. If there's a Mac store in your area, you can browse both and see how they work for you.

iTunes would be used for video and music, it has always kept everything nicely organized on my machine(s), but you do have to tell it to do so.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

My suggestion is to get a refurbished iPod or iPod Touch. Both devices include a one year warranty. Videos will look better on the iPod Touch because it has a bigger screen.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

NOT quad friendly. My mom has both and a newer Iphone(she's a sales rep) and they are not easy to conquer. It is possible i'm sure, but frustrating like a mofo.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

I've had my 3g 16gig iPhone for about a month & I LOVE it.

Quote Originally Posted by mike
    I don't think that the Iphone has Wifi capability but I am not sure.
    It does.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    buy apple if you must but don't expect to put music or vids on the device without buying them through itunes or going through a lot of trouble. the iriver clix series is supposed to be great for both tunes and video. either one is out of my price range right now, and i speak on itunes based on older ipod ownership.
    This is completely untrue, I can listen to all my old music & all the new mp3s I buy on amazon.com

Quote Originally Posted by GoTWHeeLs
    NOT quad friendly. My mom has both and a newer Iphone(she's a sales rep) and they are not easy to conquer. It is possible i'm sure, but frustrating like a mofo.
    I know 2 other quads in addition to myself who use and enjoy the iphone

I agree w/ Trainman go to the store & play with one. I did, I fell in love with it, recieved the best customer attention/service, and an hour later I rolled out the door w/ my new phone activated to my old phone#. So glad I did
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill

still confused

Thanks for all the information, I am going to the store to try one out and probably buy one then I can return it (apple has a 14 day refund policy). Then buy a refurbished one if I like and can handle the product.

But I am still stuck as to which type I should purchase the iPod or iTouch, as for iPhone I do not like getting in to a contract when I rarely use a cell phone.

I will absolutely look at Creative because Apple and iTunes can be so proprietary that it can be a turn off, that said I am confusing myself even more than I was before I first posted.
    Dave H