Thread: buddy system

buddy system

I just got off the phone with my husbands nurse case manager, and we had a good laugh. she has a new patiant an his wife wanted to know "don't you hae a buddy system for SCI?" my reply was next week. seriously i tod her to direct them here, it is the next best thing. I guess she knows about the cancer buddy system if you are new they find someone close to your home and with the same kind and make them your buddy,so they can answer qestions,or just hold your hand, they will go to the Dr. with you if yo want. they also have a pink ribbon we ned to be more orginized. cause the are also a hell of alot closer to a cure then we are.

So, Shacha, what color ribbons should we have?! Unfortunately, SCI is such a relatively minor occurence in the general population, oftentimes we're spread out so far that I don't know if the 'buddy' system would work, at least specifically for SCI family members. I'm glad you told the nurse to refer folks here; I often feel badly that not everyone has access to a computer, and so misses out on our community and the help it can provide.

As for the Cure, Patricia Morton, who works with Wise at Rutgers, closes her letters with the words, "Dare to Hope". Words for us all, me thinks!

buddy

marmalady i was refering to the post i read the other day about we need a symbol for our cause. i understand that we are to far apart to do any good. like i said this site is the next best thing. glad you are all here.

Some of the NSCIA chapters have peer support. Check that out.