Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: abdominal pain and neuro pain

abdominal pain and neuro pain

the neuropathic pain has been bad since injury (1986) but this abdominal pain is really so much worse. GI couldn't find anything so am going to naturopath who did stool analysis and my intestines are highly inflamed.

i've been taking the herb stuff, but right about now i could almost just shoot myself in the head (almost, don't worry ). wtf is there to do? i thought neuro pain was bad, geesh.

i would go to ER except i know they can't help. the pain is awful (had this abdominal pain for last 2-3 yrs so don't think i have cancer or anything). it's just really bad today/tonight, my 15 yr old has been yelling at me (he can be really, really mean) and my neighbor's service is 11 a.m. Monday. i need to go, but am really worried i can't.

geez, this HURTS. i don't eat much any more. at least neuro pain allowed me to eat.

well, this is just a vent. right now i'd give anything for morphine or whatever works. i don't think i can deal with this much longer.

Cass, sorry your in such pain, really, I have morph I take daily in tabs my rheumat. says it's best for nerve pain, I'd send ya some if it were leagle. do you do dairy products?. gad what else, irr. bowel syn? ULCER!?

Remind 15 yr old, you brought him into this world, you can take em out.
    You tried milk toast?, banana's, yogurt stuff to kinda soothe-youg. to try build enzymes, or zantac.Good luck, I hate pain thet doesn't go away.

ty. no, not ulcer or IBS. this feels so much worse. been tested for those 2. this is the worst pain i've had in all my pain since (or before injury). i just don't know what to do any more. an ab person would have gone to ER; i prefer not to spend the next 12 hours there for no reason. but this pain is getting beyond my endurance. having kid screaming at me and telling me how useless i am isn't helping, but he's probably frightened by my obvious distress. anyway, i guess i am, too. this really sucks.

yes to zantac, yogurt, etc. the pain is apparently not stomach, but intestinal. yeah, right about now, i could take 15 yr old and throw him on street, lil shit. thanks for your understanding.
    Last edited by cass; 08-10-2008 at 03:07 AM.

oh, i see you live close to me....um....take my 15 yr old? please? and put him to work? lil shit...

Ohhh noooo did my duty w/teens, 3x. My next thought is like fibroid tumors? Have had friends wifes' various ladies, said the tumor things were worse pain than childbirth, and it's been going on for so long.

And yeah, I figured you were close, being an aero/engineer. Most likely near the big B someplace. my dad worked there for 38 yrs.

Cass,

Just a thought...

I had GI issues for a long time. Anyway, long story.

But what I wanted to mention is a probiotic called Align. It helped me tremendously along with Zegerid and/or Nexium for the tummy issues. Anyway, I also had or have mild IBS. I know you said that isn't the case but ask the GI doc about Nulev (better than Bentyl). I am just thinking you might be having spasms of a sort. My nerves have been shot for the past several weeks so my IBS really acted up. I took one tiny little Nulev pill and it stopped all of that almost immediately. Sooo...just a thought. Oh, and one more thing. I was tested last February (had some kind of bug) but the pain was intense in my intestines for well over a month. And the doc checked for everything and anything...thought originally that I had food poisoning. So, it was a BRAT diet for well over a month. It may very well be that you might have to go with that diet to calm things down. Hang in there.

The abdominal aspect of my central pain affects my eating (feel full, cramped, etc). and breathing negatively.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

I assume this was considered, but diverticulitis? I had issues pre sci ... and it was the only time I actually did go to the er (I was more of the "broken leg, nah, I'll wait it out, maybe it will feel better in the morning back then. Only took OTHER people to the ER.) They treated it, but in the meantime, vicodin, or something of the like made a big difference.

Other than the ER, you have a doc who is available on the w/e? Maybe you DO need something to at least get you through the funeral. Take the edge of the pain anyway. I know you have had a lot of pain issues, but I don;t remember if anything has worked for you before.

Sorry about the kid. You are probably right, he is scared .... probably about the fact that people he knows really can die too. But it sucks when they treat you like that. ANd its just the two of you, right?

He'll feel really bad about this later, but that certainly isn;t a help now.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005