Thread: Wise, who's responsibility is it to Set up the clinical trial network

Lightbulb Wise, who's responsibility is it to Set up the clinical trial network

I have read many posts Dr. Young has written and all of it comes back to not having a clinical trial network. This would encourage more scientists to get into our field and get research to clinical trials which I understand to be a nightmare of paperwork, applications and financing. Cancer has a great model. We need to learn from the handful of people that know how to do this stuff. So anyone doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by jhope
    I have read many posts Dr. Young has written and all of it comes back to not having a clinical trial network. This would encourage more scientists to get into our field and get research to clinical trials which I understand to be a nightmare of paperwork, applications and financing. Cancer has a great model. We need to learn from the handful of people that know how to do this stuff. So anyone doing it?
    Funding is missing. If NIH gets the funds, they can set up the network. I have set up such a network in China. Wise.

Some of us have been working for years, trying to promote the idea. It's hard to fund it w/out the federal govt though.

From what I understand the Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Act would have been a start. Check out u2fp.org for more info