Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Such A Simple Thing!

Obieone...

Fantastic! I don't know when Don will ever take a bath (our bathroom was not renovated so he showers on a bath bench)... but if he ever is lucky enough to have a bath... I hope that it's that good for him! Congrats to you and bill... many more to come!

Sieg

Thanks for the info Obie ..... Looks like a rather simple transfer from the chair to the lift .... no trickier than chair to shower bench. Now I just need that tub!

DOes he hve to worry about overheating in the tub?
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Nope no over heating probs ..... but then he only puts enough water in to cover his butt cause he doesn't want to get his ileostomy bag wet etc. !

Thanks Sieg & Eileen !!
    What a bunch we are .... who knew a bath thread could be so comforting!

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

It should hold up to the water. I had no problems when I was swimming. I would have to change it more often though, the wafer gets soggy, but dries out slightly harder, so I would change it out that night.

ps .... I love the tubbing smiley ......
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Some people might not get it, Obie, but we sure understand.

Tell Bill to enjoy that tub until he turns into a giant prune! You guys deserve that moment - you deserve it so much - and many more!
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
    - Albert Einstein

Obie have to let you know I could relate...we've not had a showerchair and doing bed baths and bowels in bed for 3 years has been awful...thanks to princessturk we found a chair priced right...the first shower last week my son didn't want the warm water to stop, lol...I was scared to death because we had never been trained "how To"...he's 230 pounds to my 120 and is prone to passing out on me..
    Oklahoma rehab sucks...do you believe the hospital did NOT have a showerchair for a quad? they showered him once in a run of the mill chair and when he passed out and then AD started they simply said no more showers...I feared a soapy body falling forward...which was why I felt we needed a reclining chair...anyways, I'm sure we'll be pro's in no time...have a few questions that I'd like to "ask in the private forum...the main reason it took me so long joining in on the forums was beside not feeling like I had anything to offer was putting my son "out there in cyberland" with personal issues...thank you so much! judy