View Poll Results: if a better lock-down system was available, would you drive from your manual chair?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

41 49.40%
  • no

42 50.60%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: would you drive from your manual chair?

Nov - I don't blame you for the jitters with such a big purchase. When do you get the van?

McDuff - I could have really used a remote starter when I lived in New York on those -10 degrees wind-chill days-brrrrr!!! Nice van btw! Love that color.

gurly - I've seen those locks before, they're a great idea.

RJC - Excellent points.
    Last edited by Scorpion; 12-08-2008 at 02:10 PM.

Thanks Scorp, if they would have had a decent green that year I'da got it, Irish ya know. But the green was a puke, so wound up with a nice blue.

I would think down in S FL, you could use remote to kick your a/c on, cool the beast down from the heat. Our TX summers are brutal, besides cooling before getting in, I find that keeping the van running while transferring out is even more helpful. It's amazing how hot, how fast the back of the van gets when not running.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Scorp... doing all the paperwork now, so I hope soon!
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Good luck with your purchase November.

Cars, vans, trikes, trucks, whatever. It's great that everyone is out there and doing something and driving somewhere lol. Nevermind the naysayers, it's a personal choice and applies to your life, needs, etc. Disregard the generalizations, be your own individual.

onward and upward.

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff View Post
    I found that while the van is still running and have not removed the key yet, I can push the remote start button and then I can turn and remove key and the van will stay running. Try it somewhere where you can see the lights reflected, when you push the remote start, the parking lights will start their normal flashing sequence(unless your lights are on, then they won't, but I can hear a "click" also), then you can remove the key. And of course Emi's way to restart will also work.

After I get out, I found that pushing the remote start again, will shut the van off.
    Thanks! That works for me too!! =) I'm glad you taught me how to do that I was wondering about it!
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by gurly2356 View Post
    Thanks! That works for me too!! =) I'm glad you taught me how to do that I was wondering about it!
    You're very welcome, glad that it worked for you too. Wasn't sure if this trick would be "generic" or not.

Nov - we need pics when you get it.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

jbinny, any progress on your tie down system?