Thread: How do I describe this to my Pain Doctor

How do I describe this to my Pain Doctor

I have stiff muscles in my back just under my rib cage to my tailbone. Is this Spasticity, Clonus, Muscle Rigidity. He gave me trigger point injects last time I was in but nothing really takes it away. I have tried Baclofen,Zanaflex, Soma, and some other I forgot and nothing works.

So if the muscles are stiff all of the time what is it and is there treatment?

a muscle relaxer? I dunno good luck. I take Fentanayl 50 mg.. but my pain isn't muscle i t's a deep down.. often times burning, extreme kind of pain that I can't stand and my neck is the same.

good luck I hope you work this out with your doc or neuro

bbs

It sounds like it could be a variation of the pain that MS patients describe as the "MS hug".

I can't describe all my sensations. Stiff as concrete is one attempt at describing one.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Question, are the really stiff, or just feel that way? I get what is described best as an elephant sitting on me ... really stiff in int the mid section (below my level btw.) But, when I touch the area the muscles aren;t really stiff.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Massage and/or acupuncture? Just a thought. If the trigger point injections helped at all, a good trigger point masseuse might help more.

When my shoulders were killing me, trigger points in my gluts (yes, my butt) were where my masseuse found the most bound-up points. IOW, where we feel the problem often is not the actual source.

I sure wish I could find that masseuse again.