Thread: Thanks to everyone

Thanks to everyone

Got my husband home this w/e. I want to thank everyone who helped to get us situated and who dropped me an email of support.

It is wonderful having him home and I thought I was pretty prepared, but I'm not even close. I had really wanted accessibility to not create stress, but it's a joke. The bathroom is inadequate, I moved our bedroom downstairs and we both hate it (having given up a terrific Master Suite), etc., etc. And wouldn't you know, he had a program established that worked like clockwork, and this morning (first time on his own) was a DISASTER. He has a very positive attitude and I don't want to lose that, but we're off to a shaky start. Nonetheless, I'm upbeat too and I'm sure we'll get better at this over time. Again, thanks to everyone.

Hi, Sue, was just thinking of you this morning, and wondering how things were progressing! You must have heard my thoughts!

If you thought your learning curve was steep in rehab, it's just gotten even steeper! Being at home is an entirely different ballgame; take each day as it comes, laugh when you can, and take heart in the fact that you're not alone. Among the membership here, I'm sure that there are folks who have encountered every obstacle that could possibly come up; please don't hesitate to 'pick our brains'.

Other than the obstacles mentioned, how does it feel to be home? Happy? - a little scary? I was totally scared because of the huge responsibility we now had solely on our shoulders - we couldn't push the call button for the nurse if there was a problem! But as time went on, we all became more confident in our ability to handle just about anything.

Be well and happy - I'm sure hubbie is at least enjoying some home cooked meals!

Hi Sue, So glad you are HOME. It will get easier!! Just enjoy being home, relax and know time helps. Linda