Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rehablilitation Centers other than Craig Hospital.

Rehablilitation Centers other than Craig Hospital.

I am looking for a rehabilitation center that is located somewhere it never snows so that I can learn to drive. I am hoping to find one in Arizona, because I will be moving there soon anyway. I would love to go to Craig, but by the time I get it will most likely be winter, and I refuse to learn how to drive in the snow. So I am looking for some help in finding somewhere I can become totally independent all at once with no snow!!!! Can anyone help me??? If you can, please email me at bottle_nose_dolphin@yahoo.com or here to let me know.

snow

denver is really not that bad some doctors claim there is atleast 1 day a week year around they can play golf.

but i think miami would be a good choice

University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle

Snow is quite rare in Seattle. I learned to drive at the UW last November and have yet to encounter any snow. The UW has a great reputation for rehab too.

We've had one storm this year but it melted quickly. However, I grew up in Minnesota and also worked at a ski resort in Utah so I am not worried about driving in snow.

Good luck in making your choice.

Cool Thanks!

Thank you for all of your advice. I will take it under considerable attention while deciding which place will be the best fit for me!!!!

It only snows in Houston every 10-12 years -- you could try TIRR. My husband did his rehab there and while I had some complaints about the doctors AFTER he left, the rehab he had was good.
    http://www.tirr.org

RIC in Chicago is great. They can get you through the driving program in four days.

FYI it does snow in AZ...
    Paralyze resistance with persistence.
    T-12

Since being able to drive is a big part of life, I moved the thread. I hope it gets an increase in replies.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

why do you have to go so far away to learn to drive?
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

I agree with Liz, but you're only about 500 miles from Sheperd in GA and Kessler in NJ. Atlanta gets a few flakes per winter and West Orange can get a lot more than that. You really don't need a rehabilitation institute to learn how to use hand controls - especially if you drove before the sci.
    Good luck,
    Carl
    Last edited by carl; 09-18-2006 at 05:51 PM.