Thread: Anyone here into cars?

Anyone here into cars?

I'm real into Civics. JDM OEM, engine swaps, and some other things with them. Just wondering how many other gear heads are on here. And for that matter, Honda heads to.
    I CAN MAKE YOU BLUEPRINTS OF ANYTHING YOU WANT.

PM ME

www.4th-gen-civic.com- EF Civic + CRX Resource + Forum

My dream car:

PM ME

Quote Originally Posted by ef-jordan
    My dream car:

just b/c i'm curious... why?

yes, the are a handful of car people here...

My dream car:

i love a clean eg hatch, but hondas are torqueless wonders . don't get me wrong... if they're built right, they can put down some big numbers, but the fnf movies and ricer followers have ruined their reputation.
    i was in the process of building my srt-4 when i was injured. gt30r w/ custom tubular manifold, dcr racing head, ed fmic, plus supporting fuel mods and bolt-ons. i was shooting for close to 500whp and mid 11s on pump, but i never finished it
    "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

Here's what I was driving when I got hurt:

1997 Honda Prelude SH, 200 hp. It was pretty quick. At 3500 rpm, the second set of valves would open up and it would take you in the rear a little bit. It was kind of like turbo lag. I was planning on putting a supercharger in it but I got hurt before I had the chance.
    Before that, I've built this:

It was in 1975 Plymouth duster with bucket seats and center console shift. I put a 360 in it but never got to finish it before I started four wheeling a lot. That car was loads of fun and wicked fast. I miss those days.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Just wondering how many other gear heads are on here.
    We're around. Quite a few race fans, too. Everything from time trials to Formula 1. Not sure if there are many import fans specifically though.

My dream car
    Interesting. But cute!

C.

Not a fan of the "ricers". To many dumb kids around ruin them. Don't mind a well thought out import though. Just ditch the wings, huge body kits, and other crap.

For me its diesel performance. Pulling tractors/trucks.
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

yha ricer kids killed. that car is a 4th gen civic with all the sir parts.
    all i need are the taillights and i'll have the full jdm conversion. gunna have the 1st auto b series civic. i gotta switch the wiring harness's with a 90-91 teg to put my b16 in. the b series autos run off a ntransmission control module and civics run off the computer so i gfotta switch the harnesses.

and jbinny, good shit on the turbo build. i helped my buddy turbo his civic.

PM ME

Sure I'm into cars.

1st car was a '67 Camaro 327 convertible
    2 on the list was a 2000 Jeep Cherokee - I was in the process of using up the OEM tires and aspirations of a lift kit, etc. when SCI happened.

Now I've got a VW GTI. Closest to a Honda hatch that I've owned. 2.0 turbo with gobs of torque for a four banger. A simple chip will bring 260 HP/ 260 Torque.

Only thing that interest me at Honda is the five mile oval track they have at their Marysville, OH factory just up the road from me.
    Paralyze resistance with persistence.
    T-12

Just think that there are 2 4-bangers in this:

5.3L V-8. Some minor mods...IAT thermister moved from MAF sensor into the airbox, torque management reduced on shifts, timing tables slightly modified, small changes to the shift schedule, and some other WOT tuning changes. Livens it up quite nicely.

With gas being so pricey, I'm going green. Recently got a nice electric RC car with some mid-range brushless and Lipo...it does a radar-verified scale 350 MPH!