Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Depression Revisited

Hey Jane, tell us your story.

Maybe it would help if you could share your story with us. Sounds like your in a pretty deep funk. I hope not but if I was saying what you are and truly feeling that way, I would definitly be looking for someone to help me, no shame in that. I've done it a few times since we entered this journey we're on.These threads can be a great help but there's nothing like some real human touch.We need people who will love us enough to empithise as well as kick us in the butt( I call it speaking truth). Take care kid, and hey we're in this together.

Letterman was right!!!

I agree with Joseph sharing your story might be helpful!! . . .

Unless of course you're inclined to try enjoying (like moi) a couple glasses of a good (or even not so good) chardonnay, turning the mussak up (rather loudly) at the same time as reading all this sage advice we offer up . . . or not! Either way, you're here and that's very very good . . . for you (and me) and the rest of us!

By the way Joseph I'm an old hippie too!!!

Okay, truth time - just how many of us are 'old hippes' out there ??!

I was only a hippie "wanna be".

martha

Left my parents home in NY,

For the Redwoods of Calif.when I was 18. Lived on a freeland commune in Medocino. I had a little 10 by 10 shack biult with teepee polls, canvas for a roof,a little wood stove built out of a 10 gallon drum,but managed to put some nice windows in the front so I could look down on the valley below. Shared my food with the racoons and mice who really enjoyed my Italian cooking(hehe). Lived off the land for about a year. Then went back to NY my home town with a french gal I was living with at the time and promoptly blew all my friends and family away. Went back to No. Calif where I hung out in a Large Redwood stump and then moved into more comfortable quarters of a teepee. Ah, the simple life. No money, no worrys. Living off the land wasn't easy but it sure was satisfying.The people I met and the storys I can tell usually draw very wide eyes and lots of laughs. I can't believe half the stuff I did myself.

Joseph, your 'story' sounds like an Arlo Guthrie song! Never lived in a teepee, but lived in two communes, one in Cambridge, Mass., and the other in western Massachusetts. Had anywhere from 6 to 40 folks at any given time; the western Mass. was a farm -we grew everything we ate, had the most bizarre flock of chickens - they all looked like they ingested too much of - well - psychedelics! Was in Boston for the peace rally on the Boston Common, and actually got tear-gassed during the Harvard 'student riots'; no fun at all!!

Wonder how many more of us are 'lurking' out there?!!

Spirit something or other,

I visited a commune up in that area during my hitch hiking travels back and forth across the country.That was after my car was stolen in San Fran and all I had to my name was a pair of bongos. I think it was called Spirit in the Flesh or something like that.