Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just venting

Just venting

went to the movies on saturday and the place was packed with just a few seats hear and there. i looked for an open wheelchair spot for me and my friend. couldn't see one so i asked a guy that was sitting in the handicap spot if he wouldn't mind moving. he said that i could sit there as he pointed to the open spot on the floor. i told him i needed to chairs. he said ya you can sit there. at a very audible level i asked him if he felt like an ass for sitting in the handicap spot, and he just looked away. i called a piece of s@$t and a B$%%h and to go f him self and all he did was look away. I just can't beleive that someone could be like that. I like to get down into the seat so that im not blocking any one and its nice to get out of my chair for awhile. WOW is all i have to say, and that was the first person I have ever wished to be in a chair so that he could see it from my view. I mean WOW what a piece of s*&t.

Try talking to the ushers or theater staff.

We've had to ask afew people to move in order to make room for my son's wheelchair, but they've all been very nice.
    Ugh, I've been kissed by a dog!
    Get some hot water, get some iodine ...
    -- Lucy VanPelt

Somebody needs to move this thread to Life.

I bet I know what theater you're talking about, the new one behind Kohl's? You really should have got an usher. That's as bad as the lady in the Escalade parked across all the h/c parking at Braum's last week.

WTF is wrong w/ Yukon lately??

It's bad enough that we have to sit in those seats w/ our neck craned backwards. I transfer into the theater seat too. My chair would go over backwards if I got startled by the movie, with my head tilted back so far. Screw that.

I can't BELIEVE he told you no. What an A-hole. No is not an option! Although it happened to me at my son's hs graduation...

What did you wind up doing?

For anyone wondering-No, we do not get in free, we do not get a discount, we do not get assigned a popcorn carrier. We pay full price, we just have limited spots where we can sit. I say this b/c I've had ppl jump to that conclusion here on CC before.

Maybe your Senator Coburn is giving the public lessons how to abuse disabled people like he does by not giving CRPA a shot. He sure makes things sound good though http://coburn.senate.gov/public/inde...areReform.Home Typical Politician.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    Somebody needs to move this thread to Life.

I bet I know what theater you're talking about, the new one behind Kohl's? You really should have got an usher. That's as bad as the lady in the Escalade parked across all the h/c parking at Braum's last week.

WTF is wrong w/ Yukon lately??

It's bad enough that we have to sit in those seats w/ our neck craned backwards. I transfer into the theater seat too. My chair would go over backwards if I got startled by the movie, with my head tilted back so far. Screw that.

I can't BELIEVE he told you no. What an A-hole. No is not an option! Although it happened to me at my son's hs graduation...

What did you wind up doing?

For anyone wondering-No, we do not get in free, we do not get a discount, we do not get assigned a popcorn carrier. We pay full price, we just have limited spots where we can sit. I say this b/c I've had ppl jump to that conclusion here on CC before.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

no sadly Bethany it was the new Warren theater in Moore. i did get an usher to help me find a seat and by chance he asked the guy to move as well and gee he didnt move either. i'm pissed because this guy with no problems besides having the ass face syndrome wouldn't move. when i was AB sure i sat in the handicap stall and in the theater seat but i would not of thought twice about it to move if someone in a chair or even some old couple asked me to move even if there was not a seat left. Life is just so different from a chair.

You know this a/hole is gonna be the one parked in the h/c spots at the store, also drives in the carpool lane by himself, cause he's special. And all we can do is hope, that one day he does get that dam $300.00 ticket for parking there or driving in the lane. One day he will get caught, I hope he tells the cop to screw off too.

I've had this happen to me too. Usually whoever it is that has taken the handicapped companion seat says something like "well, I was here first, so no, I'm not moving." I really have no tolerance for these assholes because they can make me feel so depressed about the state of humankind, so I just leave and find the theatre manager and let him/her deal with it.

I just can not beleive that people would act like that to another person espically someone in a chair. i was raised to give the lady your chair if one is not open so why not give it to someone thats in a chair. just because your already in chair does not mean you want to sit in it for 3 hours for a movie. that was the first person i wished to be in a wheelchair to see how it feels and let that a hole see about that seat after he is in a chair and has all the problems we do. F that guy.

So, did this asshat ever move or not. No, let me back up. Was he legally disabled himself? (I don't mean mentally or socially - that obviously goes without saying.) You folks should yell just a lil' louder - I may be deaf, butif I had been around I'd a been happy to yank that jackass right out of the seat by the hair for ya and have him sit on the floor. Evidently the ushers or police have a problem facing up to things if he got away with it. I'm sorry you had such a crummy run-in with this lowlife, Sooner.

Tom

I ran into that one time, but luckily the isle was in front of the wheelchair spaces. There's NO WAY I was sending my daughters into the grandstands by themselves, so they sat in the two companion seats. After asking him to move VERY politely, I sat directly in front of the stupid SOB, in my wheelchair, and blocked his entire view.

He was there with a bunch of young girls (probably his daughter and friends), but didn't want to sit amidst the herd.

He moved after a few minutes. D-Head.

Dave
    Dave