Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Omnibus (CDRPA) cloture vote-4 pm eastern, Monday

Omnibus (CDRPA) cloture vote-4 pm eastern, Monday

Just heard from Sen. Harkin's office. He says it will have to be approved by 60% of the Senate to pass. He has no idea how it will go.

Cross your fingers. Cross your legs. Cross your heart and hope to die, stick a poodle in your eye. Cross a black cat with a cross-eyed cow.

Whatever your superstition is, break it out, folks. It is time!

Edit-I'm wrong. This vote is to invoke cloture on the right to vote on the Omnibus. Sigh. How could I mix that up? Not like it's convoluted or anything...Still, keep 'em crossed, we gotta have cloture to get a vote.

thats ok beth,

i've been searching c-span to see if airing

man would love to be in the gallery
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

thanks for the update, beth

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

And it just got shot down...
    Paralyze resistance with persistence.
    T-12

FWIW, it was closer than I expected. One thing about politics...if you never really expect them to do the right thing, they never disappoint you.

Harry Reid-How much do I love that guy?

"Remember you have to go home and tell constituents in a wheelchair-Don't worry. I'm sure it's for a limited time. Like THE REST OF YOUR LIFE."

so it failed?
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Yep, they needed 60 votes to invoke cloture, which would have allowed them to override Coburn's holds and debate the bill. They got 52.

Coulda been worse. Sucks entirely. 110% the fault of The Senator from Oklahoma.

A reporter called the other day, wanting to discuss my dealings w/ the Senator's office. I stalled, wanting this over with first. I think I'm ready to do that interview now.

one senator said what's more important 4 dollar gas or these bills

he's not in a chair

i don't know if i can take any more compasion from these conservates