Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone do their own grocery shopping?

Anyone do their own grocery shopping?

If so, how?

I use a basket on my lap.
    Andrew

thats how I picture it (since when I buy clothes, electronics etc, I put them on my lap), but then I start to think what if I have too much or its too heavy, and I dont think they'll allow you to take the basket to your car, so do you put the groceries in your lap?
    Last edited by Imight; 07-23-2008 at 12:25 PM.

in my area you can grocery shop on line
    go to www.peapod.com to sign up
    they bringit right in to your kitchen

"But he was pierced for our transgressions,he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed" Isa 53:5

Quote Originally Posted by Rod the Quad
    in my area you can grocery shop on line
    go to www.peapod.com to sign up
    they bringit right in to your kitchen
    Im 2 miles shy of our online grocery service. PINK DOT was more my preference anyways, but they closed it. they had such a great deli mmmm the sandwiches......

used it when I was AB, NOW that I need it most, its not available. go figure.

The stores here have no problem with me taking their basket to my car. Depending on how busy the store is, they will carry things to the car as well. I can push a full size cart but it looks pretty funny. If they bulk about the basket you could just bring your own.

For really heavy things around the farm I put a square of plywood on my lap then carry whatever on there. That is much better balanced!

Have you thought or is there anything like dinner by design in your area? You go and make up meals in like a salad bar table then freeze the packages.
    Andrew

I would call area grocers and see which ones offer help to your car. There are a couple nicer grocers in the area that ask me everytime I check out if I need help to my car. I'm AB so I always decline but I see many elderly and mom's with multiple kids taking advantage of their service.

If i need a woppin pile of shit i pass my grocery list to my folks!

For anything else just a basket on my lap...anybody want one? I think ive got like 15 of em!

I put the basket on my lap. Usually they can fit everything in the basket in one paper bag which rides on my lap. To do this I make sure the heavy side
    of the bag is leaning against my belly so that it won't tip forward off my lap. If it doesn't all fit I have them use one plastic bag, which I hook over the posts of my wheelchair back just like a backpack. (I have a roho jetsream solid back, so the posts are exposed.)

Before I had started using this method I asked for help getting the stuff out to my car.

Recently I use those reusable bags, and I can hang one off the back of the chair and balance one on my lap.

When I buy beer I take the basket out to the car, then bring it back. I asked permission the first couple times, now I just do it.

Very possible with a regular shopping cart. Just takes some practice like everything else. I think you can make it happen.