Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My trip to Dr. Alok Sharma in Mumbai India

My trip to Dr. Alok Sharma in Mumbai India

I have just returned from Mumbai India where i was visiting Dr. Alok Sharma. As i have compression fracture at L1 since 1999. I can walk very easily without any support but have lost bladder bowel and sexual function. Dr. Alok did not advise me for stem cells because he said until there is compression stem cells will not work in my case. He refused to decompress my spinal cord because of risk. He better advised me to wait little unless there is any treatment for decompression so i returned home without treatment.

Dr. Alok said me that Dr Young has visited his hospital and patients and was impressed by their recovery. He has invited him to come China.

Dr. Young what you say about Dr. Alok and his advise for me? Is there any treatment coming which can decompress without any risk? What research is going for those patients who have sustained compression fractures? What should i do now?

Hope to hear good news from you.

God bless you all.

Jawaid
    Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by Jawaid
    I have just returned from Mumbai India where i was visiting Dr. Alok Sharma. As i have compression fracture at L1 since 1999. I can walk very easily without any support but have lost bladder bowel and sexual function. Dr. Alok did not advise me for stem cells because he said until there is compression stem cells will not work in my case. He refused to decompress my spinal cord because of risk. He better advised me to wait little unless there is any treatment for decompression so i returned home without treatment.

Dr. Alok said me that Dr Young has visited his hospital and patients and was impressed by their recovery. He has invited him to come China.

Dr. Young what you say about Dr. Alok and his advise for me? Is there any treatment coming which can decompress without any risk? What research is going for those patients who have sustained compression fractures? What should i do now?

Hope to hear good news from you.

God bless you all.

Jawaid
    Pakistan
    Jawaid,

I have known Dr. Sharma since 2001. He is a very caring doctor and has a lot of experience. When I visited him in Mumbai earlier this year, I met several of his patients who had received the bone marrow stem cell autografts. I have indeed invited him to our meeting in China to discuss his results. I can't comment on his advice to you without knowing your situation.

Wise.

Dr Young plz tell me how can i tell you to understand my situation? I am really very hurt. Can you plz contact me personally at my email address? Tell me plz.

I have compression fracture at L1. Have been operated twice here in pakistan and rods are placed. I can not go for MRI bcz of rods. I can walk very easily without any help. Have just lost bladder bowel and sexual function. Why Dr. Alok did not inject stem cells? He said first decompression is necessary. Who can do decompression? Is there any doctor or any new technique to perform it in fine way? Is decompression possible after 10 years of injury? If yes then where?

Plz help me as i am really very disappointed Dr. Young. Only you are my man to help and advise.

With love
    Jawaid

Dr Young plz tell me how can i tell you to understand my situation? I am really very hurt. Can you plz contact me personally at my email address? Tell me plz.

I have compression fracture at L1. Have been operated twice here in pakistan and rods are placed. I can not go for MRI bcz of rods. I can walk very easily without any help. Have just lost bladder bowel and sexual function. Why Dr. Alok did not inject stem cells? He said first decompression is necessary. Who can do decompression? Is there any doctor or any new technique to perform it in fine way? Is decompression possible after 10 years of injury? If yes then where?

Plz help me as i am really very disappointed Dr. Young. Only you are my man to help and advise.

With love
    Jawaid
    Jawaid,

I see. It is not clear that you have continuing compression of your spinal cord. Hpwever, an L1 injury is associated with damage to the end of the spinal cord. This causes loss of motoneurons that I am not sure that the bone marrow treatment would be able to replace. Most of the studies to date suggest that the treatment may be able to stimulate regeneration (i.e. regrowth of axons) as opposed to replacing neurons. The latter has been reported only with embryonic stem cells and fetal neural stem cells, to my knowledge. Cell transplant therapies may also not be enough. It also needs both cell transplants and growth factor therapy.

Have you considered the peripheral nerve re-routing? I have been impressed by these results (Source).

Wise.

Whom should i contact Dr. Young? Dr. Xiao or Kenneth M. Peters M.D? can you plz give me e-mail address and cell numbers of these doctors?

God bless you and have great days ahead. Thanks for being so helping and loving. Hope you will help in future too.

With love
    Jawaid

Thanks Dr Young

I did contact Dr Xiao and gave ur reference. Dr Xiao is confident to restore my bladder bowel function and also helping me with cost of expanses as i said to him that i am not a rich man. He is helping only because of ur reference. Thank you very much Dr Young.

Can you plz e-mail Dr Xiao once for me? I will be thankful to you.

Dr Xiao is not sure about sexual recovery. What u think. will i be able to recover bladder bowel function? What about sexual function? If i dont recover from Dr Xiao then is there any treatment for sexual recovery?

Now my case is handed over to you.

God bless you.

Jawaid

I did contact Dr Xiao and gave ur reference. Dr Xiao is confident to restore my bladder bowel function and also helping me with cost of expanses as i said to him that i am not a rich man. He is helping only because of ur reference. Thank you very much Dr Young.

Can you plz e-mail Dr Xiao once for me? I will be thankful to you.

Dr Xiao is not sure about sexual recovery. What u think. will i be able to recover bladder bowel function? What about sexual function? If i dont recover from Dr Xiao then is there any treatment for sexual recovery?

Now my case is handed over to you.

God bless you.

Jawaid
    I had asked Dr. Xiao last year about sexual recovery and posted here the he told me that he did not know. I wouldn't go into the procedure expecting sexual recovery. I will try to contact him when I am in China.

Wise.

Jawaid, please let us know how the procedure goes. Do you have dates yet for the procedure? It's good to hear that the doctor is so confident that he can restore bowel and bladder function. Good luck to you. Mike
    T12 Incomplete - Walking with Crutches, Injured in Oct 2003

Thank u very much Dr Young. He will perform surgery in december. I have to make arrangements for money too. Hope u will say him to help me.

Jawaid, my friend. I wish you the best in your upcoming surgery!
    Daniel