Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: What happened to YOU?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français
    On the dark bright side, maybe some of these assholes will be joining us soon.
    Thats what they are afraid of, thats why sometimes they act so very wierd around us.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

sometimes i just want to get a bumper sticker on the back of my chair that reads...."icy bridge, thrown from my truck, broke my back, paralyzed"
    its kind of a long bumper sticker, but you get the idea.

Murrey, I hear you. I'm not offended, just kind of shocked that grown adults allow that kind of stuff to come out of their mouths. And I've become less shocked with time. Although as a nurse, very few things shock me anymore, and I've definitely recognized the whole situation as a chance to educate people about SCI....unless their drunk and/or just plain rude.

Drunks asking don't bother me, except the ones that say it breaks their heart. I don't go out hoping to break any hearts, y'know?

The best answer I've heard to "where you born that way?" is "yes & you should have heard my mother how loud my mother was screaming when the wheelchair was coming out"

LOL @ canuck

Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    The best answer I've heard to "where you born that way?" is "yes & you should have heard my mother how loud my mother was screaming when the wheelchair was coming out"

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    I don't go out hoping to break any hearts, y'know?
    Quote Originally Posted by betheny from another thread
    Honestly, when I take my 4-wheeler to my Dad's, I have to go to the bar and solicit a kind-hearted cowboy to load and unload. I'm shameless. I've been known to ask them to call the house if I've not called them by noon the next day, in case I got in a wreck, since cellphones don't work up there!

This process requires makeup etc. It is complete abuse of the AB gentlemen of Greenwood County KS. But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.
    Hah, sounds like a heartbreaker to me. "Thanks for the help Boys, sorry but I'm married."
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff
    Hah, sounds like a heartbreaker to me. "Thanks for the help Boys, sorry but I'm married."
    It's awful, isn't it? Sometimes I feel so ashamed...

Seriously, late one night hubs and I went to a local bar, not my cowboy bar in KS. This drunken old biker dude came up, he was literally crying, said it broke his heart to see a woman like me in a chair. It's always a weird thing, comforting people cuz you got hurt, and it happens a lot. But that one was EXTREME. "No, really, sir, I'm OK, I have a good life. I do things. I've raised a family. Please don't cry, sir..."

Yeah, I am guilty of it myself, decades ago. Had good riding friends, she was in a chair from them getting hit on their bike. One drunken party at their house I told her it was such a shame, and she gave me the same type response; "it's ok really, I've got a good husband, kid(she had another later), bunch of good friends, I still ride(her hubby built her a trike to ride), life is good."

What was harder is when he would break down about it sometimes. He always blamed himself, even though it totally was not his fault, they were hit by a drunk.

Bikers; we're a stoic bunch until somethings "gets in", then our hearts are on our sleeves.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

"what happened to you?"

"Parachute didn't open..."

lol
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA