Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Exoskeleton for para

in and out of the vehicle probably wasn't pretty so the cut it out. i'd guess open door, position self for stand to sit, sit, hoist self in and adjust. i'd bet money he isn't using the suit for foot pedal driving.

Has any1 been over to the dominican republic for stemcell because I went over there back in march of this year I was told by Dr.Rader that I would have some feeling back within 3months but yet i don't feel anything..So if any1 has been over there please respond

Thanks, I´ll post the video here too. I am sure they left a lot of inconveniences out, like how he pushed the chair back to have room to stand for instance, or getting in and out of the car like others said. But it has more potential in my opinion than most of the things I have seen for us.

http://gizmodo.com/5027546/video-exo...n-twenty-years
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

Quote Originally Posted by paramoto
    I am sure they left a lot of inconveniences out, like how he pushed the chair back to have room to stand for instance, or getting in and out of the car like others said. But it has more potential in my opinion than most of the things I have seen for us.
    Yeah I'm increasingly excited about this contraption as well. I think I'll forward this to my local PTs so they have it on their radar, so if it does become a reality they'll be ready to train on it.

I'd still like to see a transfer into a vehicle, and perhaps walking up a standard-height set of stairs.

Another question I have, why does it need to be approved by the Food and Drug Administration? It's neither food nor drug.

woops, wrong thread!!
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

I dont think I would want one of those no matter how good they got in the future. Makes you look like a cyborg, and you've always got to worry about running out of battery power. I will stick with my manual chair. There's lots of other SCI issues that bother me WAAAAAY more than not being able to walk.

I like it and wouldn't mind looking like a cyborg if it meant I could spend plenty of time upright again. Think of all the benefits to your body by NOT being in a chair all the time. Breathing, circulation, digestion - your organs won't be all squashed up fighting for space! And how great it would be to stand next to someone and look them in the eye instead of at their ass.

WHERE do i sign up hell yes i want to stand and walk.

as for looking at their rear. lol george strait now i could look at that allday
    lol

Yeah this is definitely a step up [ha that was totally not intended] from a wheelchair. I understand that it's not for covering distance, but it would be great for around the house or around an office.

I've got so many questions about it though. How heavy is it? How noisy are the motors? How would someone enter/exit a vehicle? How would someone use the bathroom with it on? How long does a charge last? Can it cause pressure sores? How steep can you climb stairs with it? Can you wear pants over it? What happens if you fall down with them on, can you get back up yourself? I could think of a dozen more.

check out the military prototype http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hkCcoenLW4