Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: incomplete/asia A

Do that aggressive PT what's it going to hurt? Better shape is better shape, some people here are responsive to aggressive PT. Try and you will know.

Quote Originally Posted by alpentalic
    I've known "therapists" and doctors alike who aren't worth the paper their title is printed on too, should I not go to the doctor? Nurses that where long burned out from thier jobs, are they all bad?

Sure, you might get some token returns sitting doing nothing or shuffling around at PT where they know so much. It's written all over this site the physiological benefits of an "intensive" full-body program. I certainly am not letting life pass me by but at the same time have spent a dollar or two and some time working to improve my condition.

Said SCI workout centers are not all charlatans. Everyone I workout with have made gains relative to thier injury. Not everyone walks again but that isn't the claim.
    totally agree. i've spent a day or two thinking about this. missrhonda, you are concerned enough about your son to be here. i'm here to be inspired, for support, to give support and to inspire. change won't just happen. i wouldn't be able to stand or sit up without intensive exercise. this ability doesn't just "return". if he can get into or get to a program, DO NOT hesitate. he will work his butt off for each bit of return. but when return happens, he will appreciate it.
    working every day to get out of my chair.

so, came back from a re eval, at a specialty hosp. My son was now evaluated as an incomplete ASIA C, because he has some sensation and anal control. no feeling or function in legs, yet.
    Training to walk with leg braces.
    can turn up toes.

That is great news. ASIA C is a great place to start. Do you have a good workout for him? I am so happy for you both.

Quote Originally Posted by missrhonda
    so, came back from a re eval, at a specialty hosp. My son was now evaluated as an incomplete ASIA C, because he has some sensation and anal control. no feeling or function in legs, yet.
    Training to walk with leg braces.
    can turn up toes.
    That is good news that he is an ASIA C. Just keep working and therapy will help a lot. I know about how frustrating it is being told something and then finding out that his "classification" was something else. But at least it was good news. I was told i was an incomplete and it might be a possibility i might get something back. when i got home i was classified a complete and ASIA A. Best of luck for you both. Be strong and keep your head up.
    T-7 Complete
    "If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."