Thread: New... Possible Kyphosis please help.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy New... Possible Kyphosis please help.

This might not be the correct place to post this question and if it’s not I am sorry in advance. I have been searching the internet for some information concerning my child. She has what I think appears to be Kyphosis (she has a thoracic hump a little above the mid of her back.) Is it possible to post a picture of my Childs back and have someone tell me if they’ve seen anything similar? I am really nervous and am looking for any help or information anyone can provide… We have to go for an immediate MRI/CT scan but cannot get in the hospital for one until end of September… The doctor also suspects something is wrong with her head as it has grown off the charts… He said it’s possible that her spinal fluid is not draining down her spine and that something could be blocking the passage… Has anyone run across this before? If so, were there any other symptoms…? Any help would be great appreciated.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth820
    This might not be the correct place to post this question and if it’s not I am sorry in advance. I have been searching the internet for some information concerning my child. She has what I think appears to be Kyphosis (she has a thoracic hump a little above the mid of her back.) Is it possible to post a picture of my Childs back and have someone tell me if they’ve seen anything similar? I am really nervous and am looking for any help or information anyone can provide… We have to go for an immediate MRI/CT scan but cannot get in the hospital for one until end of September… The doctor also suspects something is wrong with her head as it has grown off the charts… He said it’s possible that her spinal fluid is not draining down her spine and that something could be blocking the passage… Has anyone run across this before? If so, were there any other symptoms…? Any help would be great appreciated.

Thanks!
    Since the spinal fluid might not be draining down her spine & her head has grown off the charts isn't this grounds for a stat MRI/CT scan?
    I would think it is. I would ask the doctor to order it to be done stat.

I agree. This is near emergency in a child. Push to get the MRI moved up, or take her to the emergency room and insist that she be seen and tests done (A CT can also show hydrocephelus). How old is she? Is this physician a neurosurgeon or neurologist or just a pediatrician? Don't delay in getting and pushing for evaluation of this immediately. Do you have health insurance?

(KLD)

The pediatrician has ordered one it's just taken a lot of "talking" to pressure them (radiologist) into moving it up.. First it was end of september then middle of august now we're having it done tomorrow.

She does not have a bulging of the soft spot, she is 14 months old, and currently only seeing a pediatrician.. It's her second ped, the first I dropped becuase she wouldn't listen to any of my concerns and told me her back and chest were just the way she is growing and no child is symmetrical. Thankfully yes we have great health insurance, it took a lot to even get her into the world as I had a tough pregancy...

Any advice or things I should speak to the docotor about tomorrow? I just feel like I'm not getting any answers and i'm worried sick about my daughter.

My gawd, get her to the er, where do you live Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth820

Thanks!
    Elizabeth,

Please let us know what happens. If you do not get any answers from the doctor, I agree that you need to get your child to an emergency room. It is difficult for me to understand how a doctor who "suspects something is wrong with her head as it has grown off the charts..." and who thinks that "it's possible that her spinal fluid is not draining down her spine" is not treating this as a pediatric emergency and has not admitted her to hospital already.

Wise.